Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rear molar cracked a while back, and i never got it fixed, and today out of nowhere hurts like all hell. i tried putting a bunch of lidocaine on it, but did nothing, so i just took some advil and im waiting for it to kick in. any tips on something to put on it or a longer lasting pain reliever?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
if its crack you more than likely have food down in there and the food is going into your roots. You really need to get to a dentist. In the mean while I have heard of vanilla (like the kind you bake with) or theres vodka tequila etc. swish that over the tooth. You really need to get to the dentist and more than likely it will end up with a root canal if it is cracked.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Go to the dentist ASAP. It will probably only get worse. No pain killers work, not even morphine (although morphine makes you care a lot less). If you can identify the food in there get it out. Antibiotics may help the pain once they started killing the infection.

You will almost for sure need a root canal at least, and possibly an extraction.:(

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I have a toothache to and you can use Vanilla like she said but if you have clove oil that works the best.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
the anti bioltic will take at least two to three days to start to kill theinfection. the sooner you go the sooner you will have no pain. Plus the dentist may not be able to do anything until the infection is gone.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats weird is it was just that one time. but i chipped it pulling a stuck socket off the ratchet, i hit myself in the face:nervous: i guess its going to be dentist time this week hopefully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts