Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quick question, what is the size of the hose going from the top of engine to the intake? The breather hose. I have a short air intake and it slipped down casing the hose to rub on the throttle cable and it wore a hole through it. Also, could I replace this with a silicon hose, or would synthetic oil eat through the silicon?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is it 10mm? 3/8"? I have read alot on the forum but haven't got a definite answer.

·
Registered
332 Posts
if you take your original hose off go to a parts store give them the hose tell them what it is for and that you want that size they will be able to mach it up for you

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will silicone vaccum hose work?

·
Registered
332 Posts
put the silicon hose on start the car and rev the engine at the throttle body and watch the hose if it starts to suck in at any location than you have to go back to rubber

i dont think you should have any problems with silicon hose though because that should only be a vacuum line

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was a little bit worried to go with silicone because people are using that line, as well as the PCV line to hook up a catch can. Not too many auto stores around where I live, except Canadian Tire but they don't sell silicone there. Was going to eBay a line but needed to know the right size to get. From what I've gathered its either 10mm or 3/8", both being pretty close to one another. Should just go and measure myself. Right now I've got aluminum tape wrapped around it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Going to double check it tonight. At the same time I bought myself some dryer duct to run from the front bumber right up under my SRI. My original kit came with a plastic hose to do the same thing, but I never installed it and now its lost.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have an 06 Accent GSi.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The dryer duct stuff can tear pretty easily - there's a company called Spectre that makes the stuff that yours probably came with...and you can get it in colors if that's your style

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got myself a furnace duct that I'm going to install in the front bottom grill. I'm going to get some gutter guard and paint it all black. I'm hoping that will keep out the stones and leaves.
Do they sell the spectre stuff at Canadian Tire? I don't have too many resources around where I live.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts