Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this urge lately since that I change my headlight bulbs, now I want to change all of them. I would like to know how to get to some of these lights so I can change them.

Interior Light
License plate lights
The small lights next to the grill

Any help would be great, thanks guys

·
Registered
127 Posts
ok well i have the pics on my cell phone but i cant send them to my email till i goto town so i will have to post up the pics tomarrow, i just took 3 pics

inner running lights (on your head light assembly in the lower inner corner you disconnect the wire then twist and it will pop out)

dome (next to the switch on the lens there will be a little groove just put your nail or a flat head ext. in there and push on it and it will pop out)

licence plate but the licence plate lights you'll need to remove your trunk card/pannel to get to them, but once you remove it they will be well right there only thing thats connected by wires lol. hope this was helpfull any ill throw up the pics i got tomarrow lates

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok well i have the pics on my cell phone but i cant send them to my email till i goto town so i will have to post up the pics tomarrow, i just took 3 pics

inner running lights (on your head light assembly in the lower inner corner you disconnect the wire then twist and it will pop out)

dome (next to the switch on the lens there will be a little groove just put your nail or a flat head ext. in there and push on it and it will pop out)

licence plate but the licence plate lights you'll need to remove your trunk card/pannel to get to them, but once you remove it they will be well right there only thing thats connected by wires lol. hope this was helpfull any ill throw up the pics i got tomarrow lates
The only thing that I am confused on is the dome light. Do I have to take off the casing part, the grey colored area? Is that the area that your talking about?

Ha! Are you serious, I have to take off the whole casing to get to the license plate lights, ugh. How come it couldn't be like the old days where things were way easier to get at lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
lol i went to town so i was able to upload the pics keep in mind there from a cell phone that has alot of mechanic and construction work done with it in the pocket so... lol its screwed haha but ok i took out the piece for the dome light with my knife but it has a broken tip so its flat.

just put something flat in there or use your nail and push it towrds the back and down and it will pop out and the light is in their and it also just pops out lol.

this picture is of my headlight on the passanger side thats the running light your asking about it just twists and it will pop out.

and thats a pic of my trunk without the trunk card on it and those are the licenece plate lights. ( i have a 3 door hatch )

but ya if you have any more questions feel free to ask but i got to get some sleep its like almost 1 pm here and i work a night shift i should be asleep now lol kk well peace bro lates.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
^^Hey man, thanks so much for the pictures. That makes things so much easier for me now. Its suppose to be nice tomorrow so I am going to get at them so I know what type of bulbs I need. Again, thanks so much.

To get the hatch cover off all that I need to do is unscrew some things right? From what I looked at the other night it looked pretty straight forward. I just want to make sure before I do it. Usually when I do somethings like this, things like break lol.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm having issues getting the cover off the back of the hatch. I was able to get the back towards the plate off but not towards the top of the window. Since they are clipped I am trying to be very careful. Can I change the bulbs with just half of the cover off without totally removing it? Those bulbs just twist and come right now as well right?

Another question. Today I went to see if I could find any aftermarket interior bulbs for my LC2 but apparently they don't make any. Can someone shed some light onto this please.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the plastic hatch cover thing off.

Yeah I got the hatch cover thing off and I'm lost from there. I did break one of the plastic things that go into one of the clips, nothing hobby glue didn't fix.

Now I was able to take the white connector out but not that actual bulb. There was a clip that I thought that I'd push up so I could unscrew for the bulb to come out, I was wrong. I ended up breaking the little things that I thought where push clips. Now I am lost, I am slowing getting to know my more as I break things.

I don't want to break anything else trying to get these bulbs out. If anyone out there that can properly tell me how to get them off please tell me. Something like this shouldn't be as hard as I made it out to be lol. So the last step, please help!

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts