Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really wanna get this car tunned. The 290ccinjectors were too rich down low and that was leaned out to the max 30-5-% on my SAFC II. Seeing as the emanage wouldnt be able to even go beyond that so I figured if I added a a fuel return line to install my FPR. Any thoughts as to how this would work or how to even install it?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok..so I take it nobodys doe it yet?

·
Registered
737 Posts
silva converted his 1.5 to a return system he's probably the best person to ask on that subject.

Without actually doing it here's my assumption of what you will have to do. your going to have to run an older style fuel rail that has the return line in it and run your line back to the tank. Not quite sure where you'll be able to dump the line back in but i've heard of people dumping it somewhere in the fuel filler on other cars. As long as it drains back to the tank and doesn't leak you won't have a problem. Your regulator will go inline with your return. I had good results with my begi adjustable rrfpr. I wanna say it cost me somewhere around $250 but its adjustable for base pressure and gain.

Good luck

·
Registered
307 Posts
i am also in the same boat...any help would be much appreciated, Im guna use an aluminum fuel rail i got from a 1.6l and weld a -an fitting on the end and run stainless fuel line back to the tank along with the RRFPR inline...trying to figure out which is a good buy when it comes to RRFPR and what ratio to get? ive seen all kinds 1:1 all the way to 12:1?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts