Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have recently installed a pioneer head unit....but those stock speakers gotta go. I was looking at the speaker grills and grabbed a screwdriver and was trying to figure it out, but i stopped because i dont want to break anything.

could anyone please tell me how to remove the old stock speakers in a 2001 accent gl

if anyone could, thatd b awesome
thanx

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
what year is your car, and is it an Accent?

with the 00 - 05 the whole door panel needs to come off for you to uninstall the stock speakers, also beware the window cranks, there's a clip holding them in and you'll need to pop it off with a flat head

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by indefactorX
[body]
what year is your car, and is it an Accent?

with the 00 - 05 the whole door panel needs to come off for you to uninstall the stock speakers, also beware the window cranks, there's a clip holding them in and you'll need to pop it off with a flat head
[/body]
duude, its an 2001 accent gl, but can anybody post step-by-step, how-to on getting to the speakers?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have, theres no step by step, it says pop this off, and BAm its done, and im like wtf? wheres step one, take this clip off, step two, remove this screw, located...

·
Registered
453 Posts
The easiest and least abrasive way to remove window crank pins is to "shamy" a rag around where the pin is.(which is behind a stupid plastic washer inbetween the handle and door cover) have done recently worked good... now puting that clip back on is another story!8D

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
You put the clip back onto the handle then pop the handle on, way easier than taking it off. I used a flat head screwdriver to pop the clip off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts