Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, sorry I'm new here. I just found this board and I'm askign for my friend who has a auto 98-99 Tib.
How much would it cost to make his car a mid 14 second car in the 1/4? What does he need to get? too bad those links for aftermarket stuff don't work yet!

2000 Celica GT-S 6spd
Injen CAI
Tanabe Racing Medallion Exhaust
Autometer ProShift light

·
Registered
841 Posts
Get KORE Cat-back exhaust, and an Alpine Turob or nitrous. That should help, just let him know that if he gets NOS, it WILL void the warranty.

Drive it like you stole it.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
A turbo kit should get him into the 14's on most days. About $2000 for the Alpine Developments kit, and plan on another $2000 to install/tune it.

That should be good for about 200HP at the wheels easy.

Leave it to Random to Needlessly complicate things.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
intake/exhaust... what kinda times we looking at for a 98 auto tib?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Get KORE Cat-back exhaust, and an Alpine Turob or nitrous. That should help, just let him know that if he gets NOS, it WILL void the warranty.

Drive it like you stole it.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=1 id=quote>

2000 Celica GT-S 6spd
Injen CAI
Autometer ProShift light

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
CAI, Headers, Full Exhaust, and a decent driver should be good for High 15's on an average day and maybe personal best of low 15's on an awesome day. So far, its about a 21-22 WHP gain with CAI, headers/Full Exhaust.

My best with the turbo @ 9 PSI was a 15.3 with horrible wheel spin/wheel hop, and that was at 3000 ft. In less than 21 days we'll be at Carlsbad, which is at sea level and should produce much better times in addition to an improved suspension to help the wheel hop. The turbo is also not tuned very well. Folks with nitrous have managed 15.3 or better.

Properly tuned, you should be mid 14's with the Alpine turbo without too much trouble.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where can we get the best prices for a CAI, Headers, and Full exhaust?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
CAI, Headers, Full Exhaust, and a decent driver should be good for High 15's on an average day and maybe personal best of low 15's on an awesome day. So far, its about a 21-22 WHP gain with CAI, headers/Full Exhaust.

My best with the turbo @ 9 PSI was a 15.3 with horrible wheel spin/wheel hop, and that was at 3000 ft. In less than 21 days we'll be at Carlsbad, which is at sea level and should produce much better times in addition to an improved suspension to help the wheel hop. The turbo is also not tuned very well. Folks with nitrous have managed 15.3 or better.

Properly tuned, you should be mid 14's with the Alpine turbo without too much trouble.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=1 id=quote>

2000 Celica GT-S 6spd
Injen CAI
Autometer ProShift light

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
CAI would be KORE or MHP
Headers would be Shark Racing or HVE
Full Exhaust would be KORE, SpeedState, or your local Mufflershop. Just make sure your mufflershop does mandrel bending, and not crush bending.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mucho thanks my friend!

CAI would be KORE or MHP
Headers would be Shark Racing or HVE
Full Exhaust would be KORE, SpeedState, or your local Mufflershop. Just make sure your mufflershop does mandrel bending, and not crush bending.

2000 Celica GT-S 6spd
Injen CAI
Autometer ProShift light

·
Registered
489 Posts
I would say you should easily be able to get into low 14's, probably break into the 13's with that alpine kit.

There's guys here (at sea level) hitting mid 15's all day long with intake/exhaust only.

Pbhou --> You do realize that there are no 2002 Tiburons right? Cause ah...your sig says you've got one.

2000 Red Tiburon SE /w Leather
17" TSW VX-1's /w Toyo Proxes FZ4
Custom CAI, Vibrant Exhaust, Underdrive Pulley
12" Kicker Competitions, Cobalt amps, MTX powered x-over, phoenix gold cap, clarion cd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts