Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Accent 2000 1.5L, can any one tell me how many O2 Sensors does this motor have and the locations pls :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
1 before the cat and 1 after the flex pipe after the cat

·
Registered
150 Posts
Are they both used for fuel metering or is one to test the efficiency of the cat?
First is for fuel ratio, second is to make sure the cat is working halfway properly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When I received the email that someone replied to this thread, I thought a recognized your username from r3v ;)

So, if fuel economy is suffering due to a faulty O2 sensor, it's going to be because of the first one, right? If the second one is faulty, it should just throw a CEL, yeah?

·
Registered
150 Posts
When I received the email that someone replied to this thread, I thought a recognized your username from r3v ;)

So, if fuel economy is suffering due to a faulty O2 sensor, it's going to be because of the first one, right? If the second one is faulty, it should just throw a CEL, yeah?
Yeah, i don't have a secondary O2 at all, just throws a CEL...occasionally, heh.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine only one too and the motor has done 80K on it, Think time to change the O2 sniffer
*shrug*

It's just kind of a dummy thing, like the washer fluid light, doesn't hurt anything aside from making an annoying light when either the cat isn't working right or the sensor isn't working right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts