Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many psi from a turbo can the stock 1.6L sohc X3 accent handle without there being any problems? I heard the heads are good.. but what about the rest of the internals?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I assume you mean 1.5L sohc..

I would say around 7-8 psi, because if you go higher, you generally need to retard timing under full boost. That is a general rule for most all cars being turbocharged. However, I have talked to a guy in canada who was running something like 10 psi, with I *think* no timing retard, on stock inernals. he didn't speak english so well, and I was kinda amazed when he gave me a few 'no's as I asked if he had certain things that I would think youcould not do without.. but he seemed to be doing ok. Unless he didn't understand what I was asking, always the chance of that..

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I am running 10 psi... But I am officially having fuel problems... But not always.... Its weird. Sometimes I run leans other times don't... Still no safc its been on hold... Buying Christmas presents for the kids...:)

Okay back down to 8psi.. spikes to 10 though runs better...
[Edited by rab71 on Nov 25, 2003 7:04 PM]:ermm:

[Edited by rab71 on Nov 27, 2003 7:32 PM]

·
Registered
428 Posts
Robert_28 was running 14psi on stock internals...... he blew a ring though..... but it was running pretty good up untill then....

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have run 15 to 18 psi and she held together just fine. You need enough fuel to support it but you are pushing your limits. I wouldn't do over 15 without some Scoupe pistons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts