Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok right now i have a short ram intake with a K&N filter, a ground wire kit, 2.25 exhaust, and thats it, my plan for mods are: the 1.6 headers wrap in thermal header wrap, cat is gonna be removed, put on the BBTB with the port and polished intake manifold, and i might consider some headwork depending on the price, i want a reliable place to work on my motor, but how much HP / TQ you guys think i will pull?? im going to the track on wednesday feb 22nd as long as i have the money, so i'll have times by then, also im automatic :(

[Edited by GLaccent01 on Feb 16, 2006 10:08 AM]

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Why don't you just screw the stock headers and buy a decent aftermarket set, like Pacemaker? It would definitely make use of the 2.25" exhaust. And why take out the Cat.?? Think of Mother Earth here!! lol...It's the stock headers that are restrictive, not the Cat.

As for a HP/TQ estimate...I have no clue.

·
Registered
313 Posts
taking off the cat is useless. its a non restrictive, flow through cat. i found out the hard way, only thing you'll get is a bit more of a "raspy" sound from the exhaust. but if you have 2.25 exhaust on now, why do you still have the stock cat? the smaller pipe is like an hour glass, still gets through, but is slowed down. if i had 2.25 exhaust, no cat. stock exhaust, pointless. but i did it anyway, pulled the cat off and i could see straight through it, no restriction at all.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well a 5 speed is definately on the dream list, and yes i got the 1.6 pacemaker headers which will be wrapped in the thermal wrap, i just want to know how are they going to fit an aftermarket cat w/o the car getting a CEL, but if i take the cat off then definately a CEL, and i know tons of people running w/o a cat........ i just want to pull enough HP/ Torque out of this baby as much as i can...... i want basically a replica of that LA PULGA CAR...... automatic too............

·
Registered
313 Posts
theres no sensors on the accents behind the cat. you will not get a cel if theres no cat, i have no cat and no cel on stock exhaust.

·
Registered
93 Posts
really the lc doesnt have a second o2 sensor cause the lc2 does and i thought they were pretty much the same as far as sensors and what not.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok cool, i'm going for the same times la pulga is getting at the track, i want a BEASTLY accent, i hope to have a story for you all once my accent project is accomplished. I have my I/ H / E almost complete, waiting on my headers and im done. after that i'm going the turbo route most likely, and after that a beta swap, but if i can get la pulga's speed w/o the beta swap i'll definately do it :)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Unfortunately the Alpha (& also the Beta) motors do not respond spectacularly-well to n/a. modifications.

In practice IHE mods are unlikely to gain you more than 15 b.h.p. at best.

Turbo of course is another matter!.
Nick.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, so turbo is the route, i installed my magnecor wires and i have my 1.6 pacemaker headers already wrapped in the therma wrap for reduced heat, i notice a little difference with the magnecor wires, the engine runs real smooth and it feels alot better when i stomp the gas on it, i'll let you know how fast i get with the headers installed, and my BBTB and port&polished intake manifold is all completed, i hope it makes something decent.... if not which i know it wont be nothing close to decent then the next step is im saving my money for a turbo 1.6 and i definately want to get some pictures for you guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts