Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hyundai accent 2000 model, and I think my Idle speed is bit high (Around 950 RPM ) how can i adjust the idle speed? Other cars mostly japanese ones have a special nut on the EFI unit to change the idle speed
any idea?

·
Registered
686 Posts
under the hood behind the throttle, the is a spot for a phillips screw driver, that adjusts your idle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J0eFr0 said:
under the hood behind the throttle, the is a spot for a phillips screw driver, that adjusts your idle.
Thank you for your reply, I bought it recently, is this nut located verically or horizontally? just to find the rite spot

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Pretty sure that wont do anything. You cant change it.

I think the idle is controled by the ICM. 950 is completely normal and is exactly where it should be. Anyways, emissons just wants it below 1200 so your fine anyways. Why bother?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Mines an 04 and my idle is at between 794-805...just sorta jumps around that ballpark. If i could lower it to 760-790 that wouldbe cool...give it a low rumbble with that...heh heh but I'm sure its not good for the car. Anyway
Check the throttle butterfly...see if maybe its stuck...do the screw thing and also the throttle cable...could just be that theres a minor stuation keeping it from being closed all the way...also one of the vacume lines may have small leak.

all in all I agree w/ Wilbur...why bother as long as you pass emissions right?

·
Registered
106 Posts
yea that tb valve is compleatly closed, its the ecu thats allowing the air in through that sencor. you would probibly have to adjust your ecu.

dont ask me how i just thought that would be logical.

·
Registered
103 Posts
96 accent X3 . . . . . idle rpm=630. . . .on mine at least. . . . . . little rough. . . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts