Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have gearbox, clutch, new gearshift etcetc. all is installed but now I cant start the thing because I cant get the car into park (according to the wiring loom) I've heard that you can bridge two wires. is this true???? if yes what wires

please help

·
Registered
91 Posts
ok, where the auto shift level was, there should be a switch, that is only activated when the shift level is placed into park. my understanding is that when in park the circuit is open, ie power can flow through the circuit, when out of park the circuit is closed so power cannot flow through. the park position switch should be attached to a section of the shift level base, where it can be activated in park. if you can find this switch and the wire from it, ground it somewhere on the body of the car and see what happens.

it will only have 2 wires, a power and a ground. just hook them together and give it a
shot

it should be on the right hand side of the shift lever

[Edited by bodes on Mar 6, 2006 3:11 AM]

·
Registered
842 Posts
in theory you would want to wire this to the clutch pedal some how so it will only start w/ the clutch pressed. also the automatic could be started in neutral as well. (not that that really helps your situation, just some extra info)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
http://spikie.issexy.tv/swap.html

Hope that helps... :evil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts