Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing cruise control on my 03' accent and I'm wondering how you get to the passenger side of the grommet that is on the firewall? After seeing it on the engine side it is in a very strange position located in the center of the firewall. Then when looking from the passenger side it seems like there were all kinds of obstacles.

There has to be a simpler way than taking apart the entire console. Does anyone know what that way is? Thanks

-Seth

·
Registered
332 Posts
you can drill a new hole a go to a local hardware store and get a new rubber grommet and the use some silicone around it to make sure there is no water consumption

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would much rather use the whole allready there. I've always done this on my other cars and there's always been plenty of room.

Or are you saying that it's such a pita that I should just avoid the whole thing?

·
Registered
332 Posts
i have a 98 accent not an 03 but any time i add wires i just drill a hole and add wires through that one or make another depends on where the wire is going that way you do not disturb the original gromment and sealer and you have less chances of leaks and you can put the new hole in a much easier to access location just incase you have to run more wires

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I had the entire dash apart and the heater unit is still in the way. So I will just drill a new hole but I'm also going to document the install and do a diy. So you will see what I do and what I was dealing with, with the oem grommet. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts