Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

How to Improve Performance

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  MetalShark 
#1 ·
I have a accent 2000, what are the things i can do to improve my performance without spending much??

Is iridium spark plugs make a difference??

#2 ·
Plugs dont' really do much unless you increase fuel or air or both...

It makes the burn cleaner and more efficient. Depending on your setup, iridium plugs just last longer and are just as effective and efficient as copper plugs just they last 4 times longer and are 4 times for expensive.

Intake, Headers, Exhaust plus... Intake Manifold, Pullies... and that's all you really can do without spending BIG bux to make your ride a little jumpier.

Howie

#5 ·
Upgrading Plugs + Wires with good brandsl ike MSD or Magnacore would only achieve 1-2 hp. There are a couple other brands out there that ARE good like Nology and... uhm... (insert here) but it all costs 150+ just for wires and the iridium plugs are 8-10 bux a piece depending on which brand you choose. Don't settle for cheap ebay wires because they actually harm your performance, even though they're bigger gauge wires.

200 Dollars for 1-2 hp isn't a good bang for the buck at all.

Howie~

#6 ·
Our 05 Accent runs so well since we installed KV85 Magnecor wires, it's almost unbeliveable. It's not much about more ponies but the engine is much easier to rev to redline, less vibration, I recommand Magnecor wires without hesitation.

Magnecor did that magic to my Miata few years back, it did just the same here with the Accent.

#7 ·
NGK makes the plugs and wires for most of the companies you talk about, and the companies sell them for insane prices.
personally I buy straight from NGK
top performance NGK plugs : $11
top performance NGK wires : $40

I'm not saying the other companies are bad I'm just saying all the other brands pay NGK to put their name on NGK plugs/wires and you guys pay for it.

not like NGK is an unknown brand they sell it at any auto parts store.
Kragen, pepboy's, AutoZone, and more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.