Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. Wuz up guys/gals. Ok here is the problem am having with the slave cylinder. I was under there working with some wires and noticed that there is some fliud coming out of the rubber gomet agianst the firewall. So, I need to replace the slave cylinder, but not sure how too and where to get a PERFORMANCE slave cylinder??? I have not notice any slipping or the clutch going to the floor just some fliud. Here are some photos I just took, below.

[Edited by Accent95 on Dec 21, 2005 4:09 PM]

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
the slave cylinder is on the tranny... are you talking about the resevoir for the fluid (master cylinder)?

Edit- i cant really see a leak in the pic...

[Edited by thegrim on Dec 21, 2005 4:31 PM]

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
i have that same sticky crap all in my interior, just around the center console and near the automatic shift clutch, i cleaned most of it up, but i don't know where the hell it came from........ i want a manual so0o0o0o0oo0 bad!!!, sorry i can't help you, but i know that crap is sticky and i hate it

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by thegrim
[body]
the slave cylinder is on the tranny... are you talking about the resevoir for the fluid (master cylinder)?

Edit- i cant really see a leak in the pic...

[Edited by thegrim on Dec 21, 2005 4:31 PM]
[/body]
Thats because I cleaned the leak, but its a slow leak. Whatever that thing is in the picture is what I need to replace. As I have been told thats bad when it starts to leak.:ermm:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Did you take that pic from inside the car. Crouched down by the pedals???

Really looks like it. if so it is your master cylinder. the rod goes through the fire wall from pedal to master cylinder

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
either it's a bad seal or your system has some some air in the line's that's squeezing the fluid too much which can cause fluid bursts...

check your clutch cylinder resevoir. your slave cylinder...as in take it out and take it apart...

I'd come over and inspect it myself.....since i've done the clutch slave cylinder mod and know the schematic's of the clutch system..

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
clutch cylinder mod is only useful if u dont know how to drive. taking out the valve just makes the engagement a bit more direct feeling... its for comfort really. and on v6 tibs, owners do it to battle the premature clutch wear on the 6 speeds thats common among hard drivers... again that dont know how to drive.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i disagree with you there..
Clutch slave cylinder mod is effective for elimination of stalling...the slightly softer pedal allow's the driver to launch the clutch more smoothly and effectively during acceleration..this is effective greatly in inclement and rainy weather which stop's slippage, also make's launching from 2nd gear smoother without the embarassing engine shudder...
heel and toe downshifting is also optimized since you don't have to press your so hard on the clutch while at the same time tapping the brake pedal..

you are right that it's comfortable which reduce's fatigue in stop and go traffic is easy on the leg muscles....but this is not a comfort mod..

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
"its for comfort really" is referring to the valve that was removed.... not the process itself... process of removing it removes the comfort...

[Edited by thegrim on Dec 22, 2005 7:16 PM]

·
Registered
183 Posts
To replace the master cylinder, there are two bolts on the firewall in the engine bay. They are kinda hard to see and the brake booster makes it a little more difficult. Disconnect the fluid line running from the master cylinder to the driver side motor mount and these two bolts. Take out the pin on the rod connecting the clutch pedal to the master cylinder and it should simply slide out.

When you replace it make sure you hook everything up and loosen the bleed screw on the slave cylinder (on the transmission). Fill the master reservoir up and watch it slowly go down until it starts running out the bleed screw. Tighten the bleed screw, fill back up the reservoir and have someone pump the clutch a few times, hold it, and loosen and tighten the bleed screw to get any bubbles out.

You have a beta swap, correct. Are you using an accent tranny or beta tranny? I've been using the beta tranny and slave cylinder and I've noticed a lot of feedback from my clutch has disappeared. If so, maybe matching the accent master cylinder and beta slave is causing your leaking and/or my feedback problem. I'm thinking of replacing with and Elantra master cylinder and see if it remedies my problem.

[Edited by kojaxian_neonix on Dec 22, 2005 8:22 PM]

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Jefo
[body]
Did you take that pic from inside the car. Crouched down by the pedals???

Really looks like it. if so it is your master cylinder. the rod goes through the fire wall from pedal to master cylinder

[/body]
Yea, the pic was taken from inside the car. I checked the level of fluid and its right above the min level. I have the 1.6L transmission.8D

·
Registered
1 Posts
either it's a bad seal or your system has some some air in the line's that's squeezing the fluid too much which can cause fluid bursts...

check your clutch cylinder resevoir. your slave cylinder...as in take it out and take it apart...

I'd come over and inspect it myself.....since i've done the clutch slave cylinder mod and know the schematic's of the clutch system..
where is the reservoir for the slave cylinder?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts