Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone help me I have no dyno in my area and no way to measure the power im putting to the ground. Could someone who has these similar mods estimate my horsepower, torque, quarter mile and 0-60. I WILL BE GIVING A PRIZE TO THE PERSON WHO COMES THE CLOSEST WITH THERE ESTIMATE (at the time I do dyno my ride). thanks to all who compete.

97 Accent GT (105hp 101 Tq STOCK) at the flywheel 2100 pounds 5 speed

-3in cold air intake system
-shark racing chip
-iridium plugs
-grounding kit
-2.25in catback exhaust/ Dual tip racing muffler
-shark racing MAF sensor
-MSD plug wires
-ful lsynthetis oil /tune up
-----other mods-
-KYB-GR2shocks
-dropzone coil-overs
-front strut tower bar
-15x7 Sport Edition F2 wheels (tirerack.com)

thanks to all the reply:rambo:

[Edited by 97X3GT on Dec 30, 2005 6:43 AM]

·
Registered
582 Posts
just remember that you dont have 105hp stock......there was a thing where they overrated there cars.....i had a 97 GT before too.......i believe it was 6 hp that they overrated the car by.....so you are probably around 105ish now....

·
Registered
453 Posts
Im in an 04, but I think this might help...
I have custom cat-back exhaust, 4"short ram intake, Nology Hotwires, lightweight wheels, only syn oil, ksport coilovers...
I had a friend who rented an accent when his car died, when I raced it, there was no difference... none. My car just sounded really good, and looks alot better, if we had really gone at it, my car would have easily lost him in turns, because of the suspension, but it's not realistic to think that any of those mods will gain any real horsepower. I can get REALLY good gas mileage now(48mpg) but other than that, the gains in HP and torque are minimal if any without turbo or n2o.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a 95 with...
cold air Intake
o.b.x. headers
2 1/4 in straight pipe exhaust
Stand alone management system and
no interior but the driver seat and im at 146hp to the wheels with 135lbs of torque
fastest time in the 1/4 mile 14.7

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
You forgot to add that you have the beta swap!

·
Registered
481 Posts
oh yeah and the beta swap...somtimes I forget about that thing. I put in my temp sensor but the car still rides a little rough. I havent reset the car cause im affraid Ill reset the Micro Tech. CFT says no but I would to if I wanted someone to drop more money on tunning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts