Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start off with there were only 2 evap codes p1402 and p 1403 lent car to someone for 10 days and wham I am hit with a car that won't move forward when you accelerate it bogs down and dies he always runs his car out of gas speeds over pots holes that are craters and well never lending my back up car to anyone ever again. Live and learn. new codes thrown are :
P0342
P0141
P1123
P0441
P1127
I started thinking he ran it out of gas as it was on empty when I had it towed here. put 2 gals in and it starts fine but as soon as you put it in gear it bogs down real hard and cuts out completely I can't even get it to move. I thought possibly he jammed up the brakes as he drove the pads off completely cut right into the rotors. he first said he thought my tranny went bad. I said no way if was fine when I lent it to him no burnt oil no sediment i don't believe the tranny is bad. I did get the car to move a half a football field then I could not get it back to the driveway there is nothing like pushing an automatic. just so we know I replaced brake pads, rotor, shoes and drums and hardware front and back in past, I have replaced the fuel pump. timing belt kit with water pump, new battery, new ecu. all within the past year and less than 1,000 miles of new parts. The brakes after this issues arose. so now what next.
I have heard that a plugged Vapor canister can cause this sort of nightmare.. any votes there ? should I cheap out with WD40 in the ports or just buy a new one for 120 bills,,, or any better suggestions?
thanks in advance. :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you checked the throttle position sensor? This sensor detects the throtyle pisition, if it is bad the engibe will not go, but will idle jyst fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts