Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, replaced the radio in my 2003 with the help of this forum (unflortuantely, I have to go back in their and rip the panel out again).
What a miserable experience.

Anyway, one of the clips to my HVAC cable (the one that changes which vents air comes out-cable and clip aboce gas pedal).
Aside from dealer, anyone know where I might be able to order an extra clip (that snaps into the peice that holds it)?
Anyone have an extra they can spare?

Unfortuantely, this clip is needed to hold the cable in place and give it tension or when you chagne the dial for the vent, the airflow does not change.

Thanks anf FU to Hyundai for making a radio swap so difficult.

·
Registered
191 Posts
why fvck hyundai? maybe if you would have known what you were doing in the first place you would not have had this problem. Don't blame others for your carelessness or lack of ability

·
Registered
978 Posts
As of this time to totally remove the dash and cables would take me around 3.5 to 4.0 minutes, that's because I am out of practice. I have swapped out and entire stereo hardwired, no adaptors) in less then 10 from start to finish. (that's power, ground and remote + 3 rca connectors for the stereo, soldered and taped).

I think it's easy once you have done it a few times, I am on my 50th=60th time I think.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
our Accent's are verrrrry easy compared to Chevy Cavy's....hold sh*t you have to take out the ENTIRE dash to swap out head units...like all the panelling back to the firewall...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yea i took out that little clip as well, when removing the dash for the 20th time lol. Damn ecm harness. What i did was just use a zip tie to hold it in place. Worked perfect untill I found out I also lost the little metal clip that holds the cable isulation into the plastic bracket thingy behind the knob:dead: So I said phuck it and reached under the dash and made it so it would permanently be on HOT, and window defrost/feet setting :D Its pretty damn cold now so its fine, but it gets interesting in the summer.

Try the dealership, it shouldnt be that expensive, or try the zipties. Zipties could quite possibly be the answer to ALL questions 8D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will try the zip ties, thanks. I do not care what anyone says, it is miserable experience having to take that dash panel off!

I have not gone to dealer yet only because it is a pain in the A$$$ to get there, no other reason.
Figured if I could order one online, it would be quicker for me to actually get one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts