Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really interested in purchasing a header for my RD, and the one in the store looks to be of the highest quality. I was just wondering why the two passenger side pipes are kinked slightly, and what diameter the collector is. Also, do you have any in your warehouse (so shipping would be quicker). Also, does this header come with a gasket? Thanks for the help.:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just put in headers on my RD and they sound great along with the catback exhaust... has a nice performance sound to it, not a loud farting noise. this is because i went to a speed shop and bought OBX full engine back exhaust ( obx headers + catback) it totals to about 1200$ give or take a bit... this is why you go to a speed shop so they cut down the price by ALOT. OBX is a verygood company, all stainless steel products. The internet is a waste to buy off of, the prices are jacked up, shipping will kill you, and the quality just isnt there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OBX Headers + Exhaust is like $450 shipped together off Ebay lol.

If you paid anything close to $1200 you got robbed.

[Edited by hamhead on Jan 3, 2006 10:34 PM]

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Originally posted by Carrera
[body]
I just put in headers on my RD and they sound great along with the catback exhaust... has a nice performance sound to it, not a loud farting noise. this is because i went to a speed shop and bought OBX full engine back exhaust ( obx headers + catback) it totals to about 1200$ give or take a bit... this is why you go to a speed shop so they cut down the price by ALOT. OBX is a verygood company, all stainless steel products. The internet is a waste to buy off of, the prices are jacked up, shipping will kill you, and the quality just isnt there.
[/body]
holy hell, you did not spend $1200 to get and have the OBX POS exhaust installed, the header, if u got thats, is the crappiest header made for any car, lol.. they use 16ga stainless steel and have crappy weak welds.. the sound of catback is OK, sound of the headers, is buzzy nasty sound..

you can get full catback, headers, and race cat, from OBX for like $500-550 shipped to your door, and install it yourself in less than a days time.. you got ripped man..

anyway, i wouldnt go for the hwrang headers, there expensive, hotshot is coming out with some badass ones that i would wait for, or if you want some badass ones get the maintec ones from kspec, more $$ but look awesome..

o, and OBX or ssautochrome, is a crappy company with crappy customer service and they steal other companies designs, and sell for cheaper, screwing over the good guys..

[Edited by 01IMPORTSHARK on Jan 4, 2006 8:09 AM]

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if I want to put that much money into my car at this point (for the turbo). The body is in pretty crappy condition, and I got in a slight accident a couple of months ago, so that makes it worse. Not to mention that the steel mesh that covers the flexpipe on the stock header's collector ripped off, and it is only a matter of time before the piping breaks. So I figured I would get something cheap that would give me power at the same time. I called HP and they said that they won't have any Hwarang headers for a couple of months because the manufacturer in Korea stopped making them and they had to find a new supplier. Anyway, I have been looking at the GB for the equal length Hotshot headers but there are no pics as of yet. I don't think I want to go OBX, and I already have a catback exhaust. Just looking for a nice 4-1 header now. Maybe I will wait and see how the Hotshots turn out, but if HP gets the Hwarang headers first, then I will probably shoot for them. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
41 Posts
hey buddy buy the ones in kspec.com i just got mine today and looked awsome, i haven't installed'em yet, but as soon as i install'em i tell you...by the way, those are kinda expensive $499 including shipping...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info, although I am still interested in how they perform, I am really looking for a 4-1 header. The only other 4-1 I have been able to find is on shark racing and there is no way in hell I am buying from them again. HP will probably be getting some within a month or two so I can put them on in the spring. Any more suggestions or information is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.8D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts