Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Example made of the hyundai accent

Hi Are Any People Who Has Done This Yet ?

Putting A older GT [ G4EK ] Turbo engine Into A 2000 Accent GLS/GLE

What Are The Biggest Differences ?

My Old Engine Is A G4EB With 250.000 Km With 88 hp and having Some Little Issues And I Could Buy A Nice Donation Scoupe Gt With Ugly Paint But A Young Engine [ 90,000] Km and is running like new i could buy the car for a very cheap price turbo is in good condition only the Valve cover gasket has to be replaced did it these days and the exhaust manifold to the turbo have a leak but i fixed that too its running nice and quiet I Drove A Scoupe Gt Before And Those Cars could Be very Fast So Thats Where the idea come to put a G4EK Turbo into my accent

I Know The Engine Would Fit Right In But Are There Any Modifications i have to make ?

I Know That The Wiring Has A difference And The motor control unit [ Srry For Bad English ]

But is it possible or impossible ?

Is The difference from 1993 and 2000 wiring so big ?

i Say It Could Be Possible But some ppl Who Dont Own A hyundai Says its impossible

The old engine goes into the scoupe But that Part i can make it on my own without further information

Is there Anywhere a wiring diagram For The Scoupe Gt ? [ive been searching but no results ]

All Required information are welcome So I Could Gather Enough information and go Work on te hyundai

·
Registered
1 Posts
Example made of the hyundai accent

Hi Are Any People Who Has Done This Yet ?

Putting A older GT [ G4EK ] Turbo engine Into A 2000 Accent GLS/GLE

What Are The Biggest Differences ?

My Old Engine Is A G4EB With 250.000 Km With 88 hp and having Some Little Issues And I Could Buy A Nice Donation Scoupe Gt With Ugly Paint But A Young Engine [ 90,000] Km and is running like new i could buy the car for a very cheap price turbo is in good condition only the Valve cover gasket has to be replaced did it these days and the exhaust manifold to the turbo have a leak but i fixed that too its running nice and quiet I Drove A Scoupe Gt Before And Those Cars could Be very Fast So Thats Where the idea come to put a G4EK Turbo into my accent

I Know The Engine Would Fit Right In But Are There Any Modifications i have to make ?

I Know That The Wiring Has A difference And The motor control unit [ Srry For Bad English ]

But is it possible or impossible ?

Is The difference from 1993 and 2000 wiring so big ?

i Say It Could Be Possible But some ppl Who Dont Own A hyundai Says its impossible

The old engine goes into the scoupe But that Part i can make it on my own without further information

Is there Anywhere a wiring diagram For The Scoupe Gt ? [ive been searching but no results ]

All Required information are welcome So I Could Gather Enough information and go Work on te hyundai
Hai. Just want to know. Have you changed the engine already?
I got one of this hyundai accent 1997 1.5L SOHC (A/T converted to M/T).with stock engine g4ek. But now im using GT type. I' ve seen there is no diffrences for both engine and. It only the flywheel. Using 8 inches of clutch lining for GT. 6 inches for G4EK.

For the wiring i'm still using the original g4ek wiring for GT engine and its run well.

For my next project is to install turbo to this GT engine...
If you have successfully done it, please share with me.
Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts