Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok i have a 2002 accent with the 1.5L sohc G4EB motor- i have no aft. tach. or tach at all. I would kind of like to know what the mph of the redline for each gear- PLZ help i want to race but dont wanna go past redline- i need it for the following gears. 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th i doubt i need 5th but it owuld help- thanks guys Example- 1st gear at 26 mph -6000 rpm

·
Registered
132 Posts
why don't you just buy a tach? i bought a small tach...sunpro 2. its really easy to install, just do that. because its annoying if say its loud and you cant hear, music, or crappy road and you can't tell what the engine is doing. but then again, i hardly look at the tach that much when driving. so idk.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
do the gauge cluster swap. they are all over ebay for like $20.

i know 2nd gear redlines around 52mph

after that, i really have no idea, i think 3rd redlines probably around 75?

but get the OEM tach off another LC accent

·
Registered
88 Posts
1st redlines around 25, 2nd about 52, 3rd i think i redlined once in the 6 years i've had my LC at around 80-85, 4th?? and 5th, if you find out your probably not gonna have the chance to tell anyone.

·
Registered
183 Posts
thats kinda weird a standard with no tach. I don't think the car would let you go passed the redline it will prob just cut the throttle at that point.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
liveD said:
thats kinda weird a standard with no tach. I don't think the car would let you go passed the redline it will prob just cut the throttle at that point.
you'd be surprised with the number of manuals that have no tachs, from all manufacturers.

anyways, yeah i think i redlined in 5th once, at like 115, which is the car's limits, or somewhere around there (don't remember the exact speed so calm down if i'm wrong)

yeah it just cuts out when you redline, and sounds scary as ****, like it's about to blow (it just might if you do it too long)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts