Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I'm new to this forum but getting out of Hyunai's, so I am offering up every thing in the car for sale. it has to go and the yards around me will only crush cars at the moment not take them to partout. and i hate when that happens cause its still in good shape. so here i am offering it all to you be for the great travesty that awaits her.
ITs a 97 Accent 5-speed its never been in a major crash, minus some dings and scratches. the engine runs fine drives great its alot of fun to drive. only thing wrong with it is the exhaust system from the down I back.

every little thing is for sael I will take all reasonable offers. and some unreasonable.
Ignition coil,
Cam
head
crank
valve cover
sensors
lights
trim
seats
fenders
bumper covers
anything you can think of.

I'm not trying to make money of this, just trying to save as many parts as i can from death. if you dont have the money now but know you want it i might be able tp pull it and save it we'll see.
thanks guys and good luck.
Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is it the SOHC or DOHC?? I am REALLY in need of the ECU for a DOHC. I'm trying to fix a '97 I bought for a friend so she could go to work and take care of her 3 year old but the guy that sold it didn't tell me it didn't have an ECU in it. Unfortunately the DOHC seems to be rare in my area. If you have it let me know how much. I'll see if I can scrape it together. She desperately needs the car though cuz the trans on her Fooked Over Rebuilt Dodge (Pronounced FORD... Remember kiddies look at the symbol... Ford circled the problem...) just quit on her. It'll go backwards just fine LOL I think the clutchpakcs fried themselves. Anyways if you CAN help I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a SOHC Not the DOHC sorry. and its the GS not the GSI so it doesnt have any fog lights. so i guess Im not that much help for you. if there is anything else you need let me know and ill sell it cheap.

Also the car is a marine green with grey interior. the interior is in real nice shape real clean.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well phooey... Why you sellin it? How much would you ask for the whole thing (If it still runs)... I could possibly use the hood and the clutch (If they're the same for the DOHC and SOHC which I believe they are).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will take some pictures in the morning and post them.

The car runs fine, but the exhaust is shot. needs a whole new exhaust from the cat back. I was told it was expensive and i dont have the time or money since i'm rebuilding my turbo dodge.

If you want the clutch and stuff let me know i'd be willing to tare down the engine for fun.

·
Registered
45 Posts
LOL well I'm not for sure on the clutch as I don't know if the clutch is the same for the DOHC I assume it has the same block just different head? How many miles on the clutch and how much do you want for it? I'm looking at putting the trans up on the car soon and that's the 1 part holding me back on that front. If the clutch is worn then I'm not too worried about it I'll order it new. If you were selling that down here I'd take it off your hands in a heartbeat. An exhaust system from the cat back isn't that expensive and my friend REALLY needs a set of wheels. Either way let me know. I'm also thinking about doing a straight swap anymore and tossing a SOHC engine in there along with the harness to match and praying that it works.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
500 dollars takes the car. its in Pembroke Ma... pics on the way. sorry for the delay its been raining all week here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup Pembroke MA... thats cool man
The car is a 2 door.
X3? im not a Hyundai guy whats that, is that an accent?

Anyway send me your email address and i will send them to you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Like I said on the other forum I need a clutch, hood, posibly front seats, windshield, throwout bearing(Would normally come in a clutch kit anyways), Other miscelaneous stuff I'm sure I'll manage to see I need later as well..

·
Registered
45 Posts
What did you find out about the clutch? I may be tempted to go ahead and take a road trip maybe get the whole car. What's the previous care been like how well maintained has it been?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
everything is original. 150k on the motor. I wouldnt trust the clutch. the car was taken good care of. if youre giving it to a friend no how to work on the car already and plan on using it as a parts car down the road then it might be worth it.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I need the rod in the driver door door that connects to the interior door handle. Please dont break the plastic piece when your pulling it out ;-)

·
Registered
38 Posts
e-mail send. I really need the parts i'm asking for

1 - 20 of 33 Posts