Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have a hyundai accent 1999 hatchback with electric supercharger,cold air intake,intake bypass,power mod,ecu upgrade,02 sensor chip,light weight pulley and performance exhaust.my car is up to 190HP but the only thing i can't find is a short shifter,someone know where i can find one????????????????

·
Registered
499 Posts
Where did you get the supercharger? How many amps does it draw?

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
147 Posts
ur kidding me right if anything that thing restricts airflow dude....... u cant put a turbo LOL LOL LOL GOOD GOD DONT BUY IT PPL PLZ DONT they produce LOL 1 psi.......

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my boost gauges said 3 psi it's enought if you don't want to spend 1000$ on a turbo kit

·
Registered
147 Posts
3psido u have a bov lol u need one in order to let out the extra psi during off throttle.... if the kit didnt come with on then there is no psi lol
and explain to me how a 92-100 hp car u have have 190 with Cold air even though that electric supercharger of yours is actually a short ram... anyways chip-who serviced ur chip??? ok anyways and with 3 psi boost and a muffler - i think ur in the ballpark of 120-130 remember this is a 1.5 1.6L motor no V8

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Ricer math on the HP aside, B+M made a short shifter for the LC accent, I think it fits the X3. My old car just had the stock shifter cut, better than stock but not as good as a decent shifter. Try SharkRacing or K-Spec if they're still around.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had a B&M short shifter originally intended for an Elantra (2000) / Tiburon (1997-2000) part #45115-3. I installed it without any issues and it worked great for me. I hope it helps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
99 Posts
man 190HP WOW

not....

id be lucky if i was pushing 95HP with 4-1 extractors, stock engine pipe, 2 1/4" pipe to sports muffler with 3 inch dump tip, coolant bypass mod, heat wrapped intake and running on 98RON fuel

electric superchargers are gimmicky and do jack ****

however - getting to the subject
if you can weld, or know a mate who can, or know an exhaust shop that can
then cut the stick above the pivot just below the bend (about an inch), cut the remainder out of the shifter, drill out the remainder, stick the cut top bit into the hole and weld it back up
thats half a short shifter
the rest involves increasing the length of the throw below the pivot piont about 1/2 inch but that means grinding down the side to side mover to allow for clearance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts