Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering producing a turbo kit for the 95-99 Hyundai Accent X3 1.5 SOHC. In order to do so I will need at a minimum 10 people to be 100% interested to start the production. A 50% deposit will be required per person to start production of their kit. The kit will consist of the following:

Tubular Equal Length Turbo Manifold with T3 Flange
Internally Wastegated T3 Turbo
Front Mount Intercooler with Mounting Tabs for X3
Intercooler Piping
Oil Feed and Return Lines along with Fittings
Silicone Couplers and Clamps

The Kits will probably be selling for $2500 and it will be a complete kit ready to bolt on with no modifications accept cutting the bumper for the intercooler. There will be a model kit made if there are enough interest involved in these kits. If intersted please PM me and let me know. I am sure everyone is tired of fighting with the Scoupe turbo manifolds. If there are any other kits you would rather have produced instead of the X3 kits please let me know and I will see what I can do.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hey jrm,

I'm currently driving an 07 accent SR.. i'm a frequent on hyundai-forums.com in their Accent 3G section and am pretty certain that there'd be some people on there interested on a turbo it for the 07/08 model year.
If there's anything i can do to help you out over there, let me know.
how long for production?
will you need a test fit vehicle?
where are you located?

take care,
- matt.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well once the minimum is order is met and all funds are in place it would probably be 1-2 weeks total. I am located in Tampa, Fl. I would beed a test vehicle for the 07-08 accent but the 95-99 Acccent I have a front end with a gutted motor ready for the mock.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow that is real cool. Too bad I do not have my x3 anymore. Will the kit fit a 1.5 SOHC LC accent. The only thing that would be different would be the intake manifold and how the throttle body is angled. What are the other differences between 1.5SOHC x3 and LCs? I would be interested. yeah what about ECU?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry for the late reply been out of town workin. The ecu is a very tricky part for hyundai's cause no one makes a remap or chip yet. I am lookin into it still and tryin to get a buddy of mine to write a program for it. The x3 kit might fit if the turbo manifold has the same flange. The charge pipes will probably be different too. I can have them done but a newer mock up car will be hard to get.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh I see hope that you guys can get something going. A new mock up car is needed, so no LC's to use I wish I lived closer. I am going to do a road trip and see my friend in Louisiana, Florida will be closer then, but that wont be till next year. What about if I just get a Tubular Equal Length Turbo Manifold with T3 Flange,Internally Wastegated T3 Turbo(can it be externally waste gated?), a turbo down pipe with flex pipe,Oil Feed and Return Lines along with Fittings.?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes you can make a turbo manifold external wastegated. That can be done then all you would have to do is run the charge pipes which can't be that exspensive. I am in the process of pickin up an lc front end and gettin a gutted 1.6 dohc and another 1.5 sohc so I can mock **** up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts