Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Accent....when i bought it ...the clutch was probably 3/4 used....it wore down...i replaced it....that was only a year ago and its already acting up and slipping like i need to replace it....i bled the clutch and adjusted it close to the ground so it was easier to drive....would something be wrong with and internal transmission part that is causing it to wear down so fast? i believe clutches are supposed to last more than a year....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have no idea if it was resurfaced when it was replaced...i do not know how to replace it myself or i would have....i just paid a guy 150 to put it in for me.....If i had a full rundown i would probably be able to install it myself...but for now i have no idea where to start...

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Elantraxd.com - Installing a new clutch

Here is the write up I did for the XD. The accent will be a little diffrent and in some areas a little easier IMO. Your clutch is a push type so no worries about the lever that won't let the trans go. Also you don't have to worry about the TOB being seated in the PP like the beta trans does. I am sure someone else here has done an X3 clutch job and could point out anything else that's diffrent.

·
Registered
147 Posts
wow my cars 6 yrs old with stock clutch- also has a bad throw out bearing and it still is ok although i think its gonna burn up like in next year or 2

·
Registered
24 Posts
i need to replace my clutch. do you need to use the torque specs? can some please help me out, i need to change my clutch asap.
im sorry if this already got posted. if it was, can i please have the link.
thanks alot guys!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I didnt use the torque specs, I have a torque wrench but I just go by feel. I have over 35,000 miles on my current clutch and no problems, Ive run it on 2 different engines so I actually changed it twice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is digging up old news but I am in the middle of replacing the clutch. The only part I am having trouble with is trying to get the transmission back in place. I have tried wiggling it around to get on shaft and it does get on it but it doesn't just slip on. Tried putting some bolts in to bolt it back together. Nothing works.

Any suggestions for pushing it back on?

·
Banned
1,316 Posts
I didnt use the torque specs, I have a torque wrench but I just go by feel. I have over 35,000 miles on my current clutch and no problems, Ive run it on 2 different engines so I actually changed it twice.
maybe this works for you but this is NOT a good idea! the torque specs are there for a reason, use them! usually the flywheel bolts require loctite as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks WycthDctr the info works :) on 1998 tiburon 2.0l . Please all use a touqe wrench (rather safe than sorry:) my clutch lasted 210 000km :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fly wheel bolts removal

My tib 1998 2.0l has spine bolts and not sure what size they are they have 12 teeth and tried normal 17mm socket feels right but dont want to take a chance and damage bolts. Please help if you know :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts