Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Im new here.
Starting work on G4LA 1.2L (i20 NA to turbo conversion) build soon. Plan is to run low boost (7-8 PSI) street build with all stock internals. Have a few questions about this gasoline motor.
1. Crank trigger tooth pattern - is it 60-2 ?
2. Crank, cam sensor - Hall or VR ?
3. Does anyone have ECU pinout ?
4. Has anyone here tried to turbocharge this engine? Anything we should be careful about.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's all cute dude but it'll help me a lot more if you told me what make year and model car you got or talking about. I've put a turbo on a 2.0 l inline four beta one. That's a '97 to 2001 Tiburon or '97 to 2000 Elantra. S*** like that is what people need to know to be able to help you out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's all cute dude but it'll help me a lot more if you told me what make year and model car you got or talking about. I've put a turbo on a 2.0 l inline four beta one. That's a '97 to 2001 Tiburon or '97 to 2000 Elantra. S*** like that is what people need to know to be able to help you out.
Make - Hyundai
Year - 2016
Model - i20
Displacement -1200cc inline 4.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Im new here.
Starting work on G4LA 1.2L (i20 NA to turbo conversion) build soon. Plan is to run low boost (7-8 PSI) street build with all stock internals. Have a few questions about this gasoline motor.
1. Crank trigger tooth pattern - is it 60-2 ?
2. Crank, cam sensor - Hall or VR ?
3. Does anyone have ECU pinout ?
4. Has anyone here tried to turbocharge this engine? Anything we should be careful about.

Thanks in advance
Hey man, do uodate us with your build, I'm also thinking of slappin a turbo on my 1197 kappa2 but now sure how much boost nd abuse I'd handle, swapping is not an option for me because stupid car rules in india, otherwise I'd have plonkes 1.6alpha series or a brand new g3lc with dct gearbox from the factory, cheers man, do make nd upload vide on youtube.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Custom machined turbo oil line fitting all ready to go in. These will go with steel lines with banjo fittings instead of braided lines. Planning to use small dia pipe bender to get clean smooth bends without kinks.

Also working on stock ECU calibration/ remap -
1. To allow stock ECU to see boost without throwing check light or go into limp mode.
2. To achieve favorable target AFR
3. To try rescaling map sensor calibration for using 1.5bar or 2 bar map sensor.
4. To run revised cam phasing (VVT) map favorable to run boost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turbo came with a v-band turbine side and we couldn't source that size of v-band clamp. We went ahead a machined something that would do the job of a v-band clamp. Hope it works as intended.
Downpipe build in progress.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts