Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am new at this forum this is my first message :]
i recently bought a Hyundai Lantra 95' and i would like to get some details about the car and engine such as tourqe, hp, manufacturer and such.
by the way the engine codemodel i dunno.. is G4CR

Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
182 Posts
YEa, its good. Its a Mitsubishi engine. There is also the 1.8L which I have in my 84 Elantra. There is also a nice engine swap you can do. You can take the 4g63t out of an 89-94 eclipse/laser/talon and it bolts right up to the stock motor mounts in the Elantra (92-95). I beleive it has about 210 hp, not sure the tourqe tho.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is i live in Israel so ill probably wont find the engine here, import will cost a lot of money, and its not legal here so i will have money problems
ill just have to stick with this engine and thats why i wanted to know details about the car.. to see if its worth any improvments at all :]
i still need the car weight if anyone knows.. its missing in my car licence

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
- Weights: gross vehicle weight rating (kg) 1,574 and curb weight (kg) 1,134

I dunno about converting that into pounds but since you live in Israel, this should suffice.

:)

·
Registered
715 Posts
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=1143kg+in+lbs&meta=

looks like 2520lbs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so the car's weight is 1134kg if i understood u correctly. thank u all
only one last question, whats the engine's power strip.. i mean in wich RPMs max tourqe and max hp

thanks in advance.
Shinon

·
Registered
715 Posts
Purely by the seat of my pants the peak torque in generated between 4000-4800RPM

·
Registered
42 Posts
A cheap replacement is to install the 4g63/4gcp out of a 93-95 2.0l sonata no mods required. I did this swop and works very well.;):

1 - 11 of 11 Posts