Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man i remember 6 years ago I bought some HOt4's magazine(what ever happen to that magazine?) they had alot of Excels, Tiburons and alot of Australians liked them... well last week i looked at some Australian mod magazines ( i forgot the names) and they were all Japanese cars and Holdens.. Has Hyundai goen down the drain in Australia?

·
Registered
846 Posts
no, they have become more popular to drive, just less popular to tune. but we are gona change all that now though arent we guys [and gals]?

tell you what, you import heaps of cheap parts for us, and we will make sure more hyundais get tuned;):

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hyndais are cheap to buy but expensive to modify (due to the lack of aftermarket parts for Hyundais) & they're not as easy to extract great power from.

There also isn't much prestige or "street cred" associated with the badge.

The Jap cars - old & new - are definitely more popular.

·
Registered
519 Posts
yeah cost money to mod them but in the end our cars are more cheaper to buy money works out pretty similliar but then people say why bother with all the hassles of custom **** and test and fixing for ages till you get it wright but thats the bit i like the best the hard work pying off.

Once there are a few hyundais putting out good numbers on dyno and also some crazy custom cars they will take off.

Hell i have modded hyundai its turbo i get people in 82 model celicas thinking they can beat me lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts