1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here are the tentative details:

Date: Sunday, August 31st 2008
Time: 2-6 pm
Location: Hutch's @ Confederation Park, Hamilton, ON (About 40 mins from US/NY border)

Location map:

Google Maps

I'm planning on 2-6 pm, because that way it will give time for us to wash the cars in the morning, and to actually make it there. Last year it took some of us an hour and a half to make it there from 2 cities over. Plus, 10 am is just way too early. By 4pm everyone's bored because we've been hanging out all day long. I figure at 6 we can head into downtown Hamilton and hit up Hess village, where they have all those outdoor bars. Unless of course anyone has any other ideas.

For those that are making the trip from far away, we can plan a meet up for Saturday, maybe take a cruise out to Niagara Falls, or Toronto. Then go out for food/drinks Saturday night.

Me and Jed will be moving into a new (larger) apartment, and are willing to offer FREE accomodation to anyone who needs it. Just bring us beer.

So, please post if you are interested. Tell me if you are definitely coming, or maybe coming. I'd like to get a list of at least 10 confirmed people, so that I can call up Hutch's and reserve the lot.

And of course, if anyone has any additional ideas or details, please post them up. I don't want to be the only one planning this, I would like it to be a collective effort.

And for those of you planning on coming from the US, but that are still confused about passport requirements:

NO YOU DO NOT NEED A PASSPORT TO CROSS INTO OR OUT OF CANADA (until January 2009)

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow, no interest at all from anyone here? I'm shocked. We already have quite a long list from all the other boards.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
It pales in comparison to the travel worthy meet that it use to be. I can hang out in a restaurant parking lot with a dozen other Hyundai owners without needing to travel 35 miles much less 3500 miles. No offense, that's just the reason I'm not even considering going. Hope it works out for you guys though and that you enjoy yourselves.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, thankfully there are plenty of other Hyundai drivers who will come out.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Ill come for sure as long is there is 5 or more cars there.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, so far we have 23 confirmed people coming, and 16 maybes.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Liz you can add me to the list on RDTib, Ill definately come on sunday. I cant login over there for some reason.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet, so that brings us to 24 definites and 18 maybes. We have people coming from as far as Alberta, Manitoba, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. We also have the garage16.ca Elantra race car coming, as well as some high end show cars. It will be a great turnout with a great mix of cars.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've already said that I'm in, but in case anyone on here was wondering.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i'm interested for sure! i'll go for sure if it's till on. if it's still a go. I can prob get someone else to go to i'll get him to post.

my number is 519 588-9074

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Yeah we're still on, lots of people coming in from the states. Gonna be a good time.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yup...Just like Mike said...I'll be there...

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We had an awesome turnout at the meet, so thanks to all who came out! Was a beautiful day.

There's tons of pictures posted on rdtiburon.com. I wish there were pics from the day before though. Me and Jed hosted 4 members from the US, we went to a junkyard in the morning, then had a kicking party that night. But anyway, we'll definitley be doing it again next year!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts