Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The noise sounds like it’s coming from the right side. The noise starts when I reach about 55 to 60 mph and gets louder the faster I drive. As soon as I slow down the noise goes away. I primarily drive on city streets and rarely drive on the freeway. I have never heard the sound until I drove on the freeway two weeks ago. Now I’m afraid to go on the freeway. I have a 2012 Accent with 50,600 miles. My guess would be the wheels, but I have no idea. I’m hoping someone might have an idea what this could be.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The noise sounds like it’s coming from the right side. The noise starts when I reach about 55 to 60 mph and gets louder the faster I drive. As soon as I slow down the noise goes away. I primarily drive on city streets and rarely drive on the freeway. I have never heard the sound until I drove on the freeway two weeks ago. Now I’m afraid to go on the freeway. I have a 2012 Accent with 50,600 miles. My guess would be the wheels, but I have no idea. I’m hoping someone might have an idea what this could be.
When was the last time you have your brakes checked. The chippers will make sounds at random different times.
It could have just been that. I would check them first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A loud rumbling noise when accelerating might suggest there's a problem with your exhaust system.
You should take the car to your mechanic to properly diagnose the problem and suggest a perfect fix.
Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you sure it’s not a wheel bearing noise?? Does the noise change pitch with you turn the steering wheel?? Or check if you have cupped tires. With the car parked , run your hands on the tires and make sure they don’t feel “ choppy “ or uneven. Run your hands on the outer and inner edge of your tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts