Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
if it starts to choke around 3k and picks back up around 4k, it's more likely that you're running lean than maxing out a maf. note that running lean will crack things even tig welded, and without much effort. with stock injectors, i wouldnt really recommend even 3 psi, or boosting period (unfortunately)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm going to install the piggyback tomorrow and see how's going. If it has issues, I'll change and install the beta injectors. We talk again tomorrow :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
yea your prolly hitting a lean spot if u feel a real loss of power, you should throw those beta injectors in on the safe side but you may possibly get a rich cel

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
First the piggyback and if that fails, injectors and who cares about cel :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
also, you should update your exhaust i see in your signature it says 2", you want at least 2.5" exhaust, also the bigger injectors will help you out. good luck

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok . I installed the piggyback and the car has rough idle. When I disconnect the piggyback's plug the idle is smooth. It's sth like 3cyl symptoms. The piggyback uses 3 cables. One for ground, one for power and one for rpm signal. I connected the power and the rpm signal to the coilpack. What I did wrong? 2.5" exhaust is too much for my car. Where the hell am I suppose to get an rpm signal?

[Edited by japakos on Apr 19, 2006 11:17 AM]

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I am finally ok. I installed the piggyback, took rpm signal from cluster, modified my mbc not to exceed 6psi and running now 5.5 psi of boost without any problems. My idiot friends said of course their crap again like, you're leaning because your exhaust is white instead of black and horsesht like this. The car is moving perfectly, great torque, great response and cool mileage. Never had this before and I'm really happy I finally achieved it. The rpm limiter comes really fast without leaning or anything like this. I'm not hitting it all the time of course and shifting at 5700k where I defined it as a peak point. I have success afterall and I'm going to have this easter trip tomorrow 200miles of road. Wish me the best I need some positive words.. thank you all guys. Cu in a couple of days :)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Congrats , Im glad to hear its going well!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
So happy to see this, I know how many headache give you the install, but, finally get it¡¡

Enjoy and keep us inform John;):

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Jap is back! I made 400 miles no problems at all! Well only one but minor as the car goes well. I had some high temp radiator fluid but I expected to have this after 2 hours of driving uphill with semi-racing driving. I have better mileage, better torque (as expected too), no problems at all. I am a happy man. I did some 1/4 mile and some 0-60, oh well with a stopwatch but wth. 3 people in the car 0-60 came easily 9.5sec shifting at 5600k. The 1/4 came at 15.8sec again with 3 people in the car @ 88miles. I' pretty sure I can lower that a lot if I was by myself.
The smile came again on my face, I'm a happy man. Running 5.5 psi of boost. I'll get my safc and later on some pistons to achieve 14psi and let's see then what happens..
In my country we say: Jesus ressurected , god bless all. So I wish that to you. Cheers :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
nice to see you turboed back again;):
i am using an safc with astra gsi injectors and a fuel pressure reg.
i run 7psi no problems for almost 2 1/2 years with stock compression
i use punto gt (champion) spark plugs which are cooler than ours and beru sparkplugs
they are both cheap and work fine.hope that helps
;):

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks man.. Tell me some details for the sparkplugs and the plug wire as well as the gsi injectors (what flow, what type etc). Unfortunatelly I don't have a return fuel system but I'm planning on converting it soon. Thanks man ;) Ðþò ðáåé;

·
Registered
29 Posts
well i cant remember the flow of the injectors but i think if you call to an opel tuner they can tell you.the plug wires are the silicone ones with the blue color i will go and check if they have any code written on them and i will post it to you.the plags are the champion ones for punto gt.if you go to a seller he has a book which says which type exactly it is.ðáåé ãéá......äéëéôñï:D:D:D:D:D
but i am joining the army next week so the plans are trasfered for a year:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Êáëüò ðïëßôçò... I wish you the best to the army and don't be affraid of anything. When you go back, beta swap and you'll be cool. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
i am considering doing a 4g63 dsm complete front clip on a 01 accent, i know it can be done with the old body style from 99 and back. Can it be done to an 01? if not then what are some other options to adding some power to my little machine. The main thing i want to do is make this little thing a sleeper. it sounds like everyone in this forum has found a way to boost their accent, im just replying to see whats out there for a gs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ran 7 psi on stock injectors with a powerful fuel pump, and adjustable fuel pressure regulator that is boost compensating. I upped the idle fuel pressure to 60 lbs. I had no problems. Beta motors are tough!! - the bottom ends anyway. I constantly bonce off the factory 7,200 rev limiter, and have no problems. ....Keep your oil full!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts