Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
attention all hyundai owners looking to be bad ass!

ok, i am trying to cut a deal with my machine shop so that the hyundai community can get:

custom forged pistons - any size, any compression, we can move where the ring lands are, anything you need

upgraded wrist pins - upgraded wrist pins to tool steel

custom rods - any length, most likely they will be forged

stainless steel valves - standard or oversized valves made of stainless steel for everlasting durability and high rpm tolerance

custom valve springs and retainers - stronger springs to help kill that dreaded valve float at high rpm.

you have to let me know asap if this community is interested and serious about this! I am sticking my neck out there to help us so if your ready to be able to play wiht the big boys, post on here and i'll hook something up!

Prices are reasonable for being all but bullet proof . Let me know asap so my guy can make a larger order so he can get a discount, so i can get a discount, and so can you! The sooner you let me know, the more likely a chance at getting a discount on these items will be!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
count me in...I could use stronger pistons valves and springs

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
The only thing I'd be apprehensive about buying from you are the valve springs. They require alot of R&D to make correctly. It's not just a matter of reproducing the stock ones with stronger material. You need to worry about valve acceleration and seating (seat too hard and you damage the valves). Also, you can damage the cams and buckets. Most aftermarket valves don't look anything like the stock ones they replace. They either have fewer coils, or are beehive shaped. You really need to put the stock ones in a spring dyno to figure out the acceleration and deceleration rates then try a few different designs and materials in the motor.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
outstanding! interest in moving our community forward is so exciting!

ok, now that we have interest, tell me what your looking for. basically a shopping list wiht whatever you want differant. please include engine model, year, size, and intentions wiht the motor.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes and no. most people dont want to take their car to the next level. its really cool knowing other people want to go past just an exhaust and want to make real power, know i aint the only one who wants to mak a serious street machine

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yes and no. most people dont want to take their car to the next level. its really cool knowing other people want to go past just an exhaust and want to make real power, know i aint the only one who wants to mak a serious street machine
Well, my plan is still to break 200whp with a stock displacement N.A. Beta motor. I won't be buying internals until I actually get my hands on a motor to build. Don't know yet If I want to do a Beta 1 or Beta 2 motor. Leaning towards a Beta 2 (solid lifter), non-CVVT. Don't think the OEM hydraulic lifters will be able to handle the cams I want to use.

As for the springs, not trying to rain on the parade, but want you to understand there's more to it that just twisting up some spring steel wire.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
If there was some idea on price I might jump on the bandwagon, but honestly even that is pretty iffy at this time. My engine has seen better days and if I pull it I don't really want to put another 1.6l in it's place, even if it was a built 1.6l.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my machinist knows its not just tossing another set of wound up steel on a valve. he builds race engines on the daily. so you dont gotta be worried

prices depend on what you want and what your looking for.

my pistons he is having made for me are forged, custom sized, with the ring lands lower and dropped compression to 8.5 : 1 for $130 each. wiht upgraded wrist pins to tool steel is about 145 a piece. your price may vary depending on what you want but it will not vary greatly.

16 stainless steel valves is roughly 275 bucks. the prices are not defininate because if volume is increased the price may drop.

even if you dont want 1.6L we can do 2.0 for roughly the same price for all you beta lovers

·
Registered
502 Posts
ok I deffinatly have been waiting for something like this for the 1.6
building a smaller engine is way cool.
I will need stronger pistons, valves and springs

It is exciting to know somebody is willing to do this.
props to him. :cool:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright we've got some dedicated and good interest.

now i need specs form you guys.

FOR PISTONS
motor size:
overbore size:
compression desired:
upgrade to tool wrist pin: (yes or no. highly recomended, only like 10 bucks a piston anyway)
custom changes:

FOR RODS
motor size:
rod legnth:
desired change:
ARP Bolt upgrade: (yes or no. highly recomended)

FOR VALVES
motor size:
max operating rpm:

VALVE SPRINGS
motor size:
max operating rpm:

Thats just a guideline of things i will need you guys to get together for me so i can give him all your information. i dont wanna guess on anythign and have something not be right. with anythign you order, i will need the stock part so the computer can size it and get all its specs. basically you ship it to my house, i'll take it to him, in a few weeks i'll get your parts back and i'll ship them to you.

·
Registered
502 Posts
my parts are the same as yours since its the 1.6 alpha 1

Im kindof just wanting the valves ans springs right now tho.

engine:1.6 DOHC
max operating rpm:8000

I cant realy give you whats in my engine now because its my daily driving car.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i think i can help you out metal shark, wat size bore do you have? its probibly the standard size bore of 76 mm. mine has been bored out about .040 cuz my walls were ****ed. i could ask him to make a set that are stock bore and a set that are .040 over bore for my application. i already gave him a rod and piston so i doubt gettin stock bore would be an issue. the only thing i would see being a problem for you is that you have the set the piston to wall clearance. you cant just throw a set of forged pistons in and call it a day. same thing with valves. but what you could do is get a complete motor, strip it, have it bored to .040 over for the extra cubic inches and i'll order second set of the pistons i am getting. and i could order you valves and since you have a second hend, you can send it out with valves and springs and tell them to make it fit at your local machine shop.

I forgot to mention everyone that if you are ordrering custom pistons there will have to be a deposit put down on them. i am not sure what the deposit will be but it probily wont be anymore than half the price of the pistons.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update gangsters.... we can use honda rods, wiht minor machine work, this will save mad money on custom rods... plus availability .... so if anyone is interested, i'll give you details on further development

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have narrowed down which rods to get, for a bullet proof bottom end. 500 hp capable for 300 bucks..... pm me for details, if ur lucky

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have narrowed down which rods to get, for a bullet proof bottom end. 500 hp capable for 300 bucks..... pm me for details, if ur lucky
whats the point on dropping money on rods? Has anyone ever failed a stock rod yet due to rotating assembly or power output? IMO we dont even know what the true limits of the 'stock junk' is yet.

I have a feeling there are many more important things in the bottom end that will fail long before that stock rod will from what i've seen so far.

Props to you for doing alot of leg work though! Most of the time the guys that do the leg work do not get the credit they deserve.

Just a quick question (PM me if you want) how much are you paying for the rods/pistons/valves/springs (individual costs?)

·
Registered
21 Posts
alright we've got some dedicated and good interest.

now i need specs form you guys.

FOR PISTONS
motor size:
overbore size:
compression desired:
upgrade to tool wrist pin: (yes or no. highly recomended, only like 10 bucks a piston anyway)
custom changes:

FOR RODS
motor size:
rod legnth:
desired change:
ARP Bolt upgrade: (yes or no. highly recomended)

FOR VALVES
motor size:
max operating rpm:

VALVE SPRINGS
motor size:
max operating rpm:

Thats just a guideline of things i will need you guys to get together for me so i can give him all your information. i dont wanna guess on anythign and have something not be right. with anythign you order, i will need the stock part so the computer can size it and get all its specs. basically you ship it to my house, i'll take it to him, in a few weeks i'll get your parts back and i'll ship them to you.
i'd like to enquire on forged conrods for my car. i'm driving a hyundai getz 1.6 manual facelift model. engine is G4ED. can u check out for me the cost? or any other alternatives. i need the rods to withstand comfortably 350 - 400 BHP. thanks. reply to my email at [email protected] thanks.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well, judginf off measuements i have taken, i beleive our stock rods will only take roughly 225-250 hp. so for those of us looking closer to 400, an upgrade for 300 bucks aint a bad idea...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts