Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got an Azera at work last friday, I waited 'til I was done work at 6:00 to drive it.
This car is AMAZING, first of all my boss has a Jaguar S-Type which I've driven many times, the Jag does not even compare to this. It's the nicest luxury car I've ever driven, it looks very similar to the Sonata & has the same type of feel to it, but it drives smoother, runs quieter, and has a lot more balls(believe me, I've tested that). Here are a few facts.

-more standard safety features than any car in it's class
-more total interior volume than the Toyota Avalon, Mercedes S-Class, or BMW 760i
-3.8 litre all aluminum v6 with 263 horsepower(just about the same has a maxima)!!!!!!

there's also the power folding heated mirrors, self-dimming rear view mirror(for those stupid people who drive behind you with high beams), power seats(ajustable up, down, around, upside down, I don't even know. I played with the buttons, there's like twenty of 'em lol!), ajustable heat settings on seats, power ajustable gas & brake pedal, gauge display like I've never seen before(awesome bright green screens),& lots more

And best of all I say is the BLING! chrome everywhere, this thing belongs in a rap video SERIOUSLY.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
how's the power and the handling?

i heard that the suspension isn't mushy like the XG350L.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The power and the handling are excellent, although it's not a sports car it does have a lot of power and the power is very useable, step on on it and it'll kick down down pretty good and away you go, very similar to the '06 Sonata in the way it behaves. In fact the XG had the feel of the old Sonata just like the Azera has the feel of the new Sonata, that's has good of a comparison I can make to explai it. The entire new hyundai line-up has been redifined in the same way from my point of view, today we got 3 of the new 4-door accents, the interior look, and the materials used are straight out of the sonata exept for the seats wich are 100% accent, they're like the old ones just better. The grill and headlight design is the same concept has the Azera and the new Santa Fe due out next year. I definitely urge you to go to your nearest dealership and check out the new models, they are definitely going to put hyundai on the map like never before. Think about it, most manufacturers have 1 or 2 redesigns in the span of a year and a half, Hyundai has put out 3 this year, and next year we'll be seeing the Santa Fe & a minivan, the 2 following years are rumoured to be the next elantra, new tiburon, a competitor for the Mazda5/Toyota Matrix, and believe it or not a pick-up truck. Hyundai is a force to be reckonned with.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
question about the accent...is the dashboard vinyl or hard plastic like the new rio?

interior of the LC accent's are tooo plasticky.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure what the dash in the new rio is like, all I know is that the new accent dash shares the same material as the '06 Sonata.

Oh and by the way, my boss just got back from dealer meetings in Atlanta, I asked him yesterday about any news and he said that hyundai officials confirmed that we would see the release of the all new elantra next year and the new tiburon the year after. I'm not sure of exactly when, but I'm guessing It'll probably be this time next year that we see the elantra. For the Tiburon my guess would be as good as anyone else.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
That new Elantra looks so much bigger, I hope they make a true wagon version again.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yeah I'll post some pics up, they are under camo but you can still get a really good idea of what it will be.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I too am impressed with Hyundai's latest new model, the Azera. I LOVE THAT CAR, and I have only seen it up close once or twice. I own an 02 Elantra and love it...my father in law has an '01 Sonata....great car...and I really want an Azera. Hoo ahh.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, I think the Azera is a very good vehicle amongst its competitors, I hope potential buyers really take notice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts