Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
J/k, but I do got a n00b question…

Proud new proud owner of an 04 tib GT 6 speed here. I’m really pleased with it’s performance, but I’d like a lil more.

Not really sure what engine mods to get…

I’m guessing I should start with intake/header/exhaust?

Anyone have some suggestions on which brands, which mods etc?

-Dave

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
^^ i dont know, there are big titty bitches in his sig.:nervous:

definitely get a short shifter. totally worth the money.
strut bars are great.
a set of KVR rotors and pads definitely go a long way. brakes are one of the most important parts on a car, and better stopping power is definitely good.

me personally, i like to dig into all the suspension parts before hitting the motor. you can add all the horsepower you want, but if your suspension sucks, then really all you can do is drive in straight lines. with a good suspension set up, you can utilize more of the horsepower your engine can put out.

as far as exhaust, obx and pacesetter, they are cheap, and not the greatest quality. you dont have to break the bank buying headers and a catback, but when working on a car its better to not cheap out. i dont mind my pacesetter catback, but the header isnt great quality, and from what ive read its poorly designed. ill probably be going with a hotshot, or stillen header next.

·
Registered
6,604 Posts
nice thing about the V6.. it responds very well to the usual cold air intake, big bore throttle body, and exhaust mods.... much better than the four cylinder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts