Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I.....I Put a 2005 honda cr-v muffler on my exhaust..

i just wanted a quiet muffler and found one where i worked

The tip was slightly bent but i reckoned it was useable and welded to my exhaust..

the welding wasn't very good cause i suck but was enough to keep it held until i had a chance to go to my local muffler shop to have them do it right..

but it DID Hush the exhaust alot..it sound's like a thrush muffler but it's a bit raspy when revved but it's nothing 2 louvered core resonator's can't care of.

i sanded the muffler to it's shiny steel finish and am gonna paint it black and polish the tip,

it's gonna line up nice against my astrel rear skirt and give it a sleeper exhaust look, and run quiet for once!!

Now..flame away!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Uhm...

Why don't you just stick in a little exhaust silencer? It'd be cheaper, easier and you wont notice the 1-2 hp drop.

Howie~

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the exhaust can did have a baffle but it was still to loud and too rasy..

the cr-v muffler took away alot of that..

it's quiet when i take off and when i stomp it from a roll..

sine it's original engine was a k20..which is a 2.0 motor, i think it's flow capacity is sufficient for my 2.0 L Beta II.

the baffle create's a bit of abrupt backpressure, it make's the gase's trapped on the outer end's of the pipe and have to force their way out..this caused vibration's in the car and was buzzy..

the cr-v has angled wall's inside which channel the gase's around the wall's to help them bounce off and cancel one another out..

who would've known that i would yearn for a oem exhaust when i was itching for a fart can

it's more comfortable as a everyday driver now..
and i can hear my Music better

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i know exactly what you mean. i think you would have been happy with a standard turbo muffler and resonator too though. but i bet that would cost more than the crv muffler (im guessing it was free?)

btw. when are you gonna register on my site?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ryanolson said:
i know exactly what you mean. i think you would have been happy with a standard turbo muffler and resonator too though. but i bet that would cost more than the crv muffler (im guessing it was free?)

btw. when are you gonna register on my site?

the cr-v muffler was free..my body shop "mentor" said i could take it since the CR-V was getting a new muffler..

I'm planning on adding 2.. 18 inch Flowtech louvered core Purple Hornie resonators from summitracing for greatly reduced raspiness and popping sound..

and possibly a high flow cat to really get rid of the raspiness..i'm sure it won't hurt the backpressure since my 2.25 pipe's are big enough to gain some backpressure without the beta being affected..

ryan, i'll should i try using the password you sent me or do i need another one?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
TAK82 said:
ryan, i'll should i try using the password you sent me or do i need another one?
i already sent you a PM about it. the new site doesn't have any of the old user name's or passwords so you need to register again. and with the new site that will register you with the site and the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts