Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a bone head mistake yesterday. I was pulling out my motor; I haven’t hooked up anything to it. At least I thought I didn’t. I had the motor clearing the engine bay, I started to move the lift back to pull out the motor. Any how, I noticed that it was going back. I was also battling a lip where my garage starts. After pulling it a couple of time, I said something has to be still connected, but what.
Can you say FUEL LINE!!

It seems like if it not one thing it’s another.
So I stretched out my fuel line. It’s just the plastic/rubber line that attaches to the metal tubing.
Any one knows how to replace them, they almost look like they are pushed on, and one side is ribbed.

Any help on this would be awesome. I know I totally screwed that up.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell me about it. Not to mention, I layed my tire against my car. Went to lower it and it busted off a couple of nobbs to my trim. So no my trim can talk to me. I dont know where my head is at. I keep forgetting little stuff. Thats not like me... Ugh, I know what it is. I was on vacation too long. LOL

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
If you can post a picture of the part of the fuel line that's messed up I'll try to help you get it figured out but I'm not sure what kind of connection you're talking about.

That sucks about the tire too. Really.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Floyd, here is the end that plugs into the fuel rail. I cut off the plastic tubing. Its just a barbed piece with an o-ring. I think I may be able to get a hi pressure tube and just clamp it on. Both ends are barbed, only one has the o-ring. If you look a your set up, you should have the same tube on your ride. Its only like a foot long. Follow the line coming out of the fuel rail to the metal tubing.

What do you think i could use to replace it??

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Ok, I went and looked at mine and the piece at the fuel rail looks like yours but mine doesn't appear to go to a metal fuel line until it goes under the car, there's a lot of plastic fuel line all along the back of the firewall.

If it was me I would take this opportunity to install a braided steel fuel line from the metal line under the car to the fuel rail and add a fuel pressure gauge since I had the opportunity.

I think Nylon (or high pressure rubber) fuel line plus good fuel line clamps (not regular hose clamps) would work though. You can get a fuel line splice connector in the "Help" section of most auto parts stores.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I went and looked at mine and the piece at the fuel rail looks like yours but mine doesn't appear to go to a metal fuel line until it goes under the car, there's a lot of plastic fuel line all along the back of the firewall.

If it was me I would take this opportunity to install a braided steel fuel line from the metal line under the car to the fuel rail and add a fuel pressure gauge since I had the opportunity.

I think Nylon (or high pressure rubber) fuel line plus good fuel line clamps (not regular hose clamps) would work though. You can get a fuel line splice connector in the "Help" section of most auto parts stores.
I'm not to familiar with the braided steel lines. How would I install that on a barbed fitting??? Any ideals or document I can look at? Thanks

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts