Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I will use the excuse that I was in a hurry monday afternoon at the local pick-n-pull and grabbed some rims/tires off of a 99 Accent (having a 4x113 bolt pattern), and obviously didn't fit on my 2004. (4x100)

They are really good mag rims that I spent about 2 hours cleaning the grime off before attempting to mount. :rolleyes:

I guess what's the best course of action to take now, I should try to exchange them although i'm going to look like a real nimrod... I heard that the lancer oz rims fit nicely, any other options I should look at when I go back on saturday?

Or should I try a rotor conversion?

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i think ebay sells spacers that change the size of your lug pattern but it's all a question of how much you trust the craftsmanship of things you get off ebay. you're whole car will be riding on them. might be an option though

·
Registered
686 Posts
just be careful, also those type of spacers that change your bolt pattern also push your wheel out like 1 1/4" so they probably wont fit anyways...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was also looking into getting OEM Hyundai wheels to go on my 2000 Accent, but there really isn't any selection. I was hoping that we could fit the Sonata wheels but I believe they are 4x114. The new Accent SE has some neat looking 5 spoke wheels which are wider and run 205s. I would like to get my hands on a set of those but since its a newer car they aren't readily available unless I want to buy them new from the dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What size are the rims? 14" I'm new to Hyundais so I don't have all the sizes memorized yet. I'm looking for some 14" rims if you're interested in getting rid of them. Where are you located?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are 13's sorry... same rubber as was stock with the wheel covers/steelies (I think something along the lines of 175/70/r13).

And i'm by Edmonton, Alberta, Canada :p

But yeah i'm going to take and see if I can get some sort of exchange tomorrow morning! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good luck! I need to get serious with my wheel shopping. Maybe I'll hit the junkyard next week.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've always read that wheel spacers are not a good safe thing to do. More strain, risky...I would just suck it up and go exchange them. It's a simple mistake. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, sadly they don't exchange rims/tires, even though on the receipt it has "30 day exchange or credit" written all over it. I think I'll put them up for sale, or get a tire shop to take the rubber off and put them on my old steelies

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, I don't think I'd be shopping there again if they pull that crap.
I sent you a pm if interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts