Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so im putting in the new trans today. im looking at hmaservice. but its not helping me much. any help would be awsome. it says i have to remove the exhaust, and the rear motor mount? im guessing that so i can move the motor to release the trans. but the other thing is, its the entire assembly. not just the trans. it has the clutch housing to. so i want to just put the old clutch in the newer trans.... is that possible?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
It's possible to reuse your old clutch but I really don't recommend it unless you have installed some super heavy duty clutch already or something. Usually if you're in there it's prudent to put in a new clutch.

·
Registered
88 Posts
krazymikeyGT said:
ok, so im putting in the new trans today. im looking at hmaservice. but its not helping me much. any help would be awsome. it says i have to remove the exhaust, and the rear motor mount? im guessing that so i can move the motor to release the trans. but the other thing is, its the entire assembly. not just the trans. it has the clutch housing to. so i want to just put the old clutch in the newer trans.... is that possible?
You can in fact use your original clutch, it is well worth the $100 to replace it now though, I'd do it if i were you.. You technically shouldn't have to remove the exhaust, although if you screw up you could break it. They want it removed just for precautionary reasons. If it's anything like changing the clutch in my LC then I recomend an engine hoist to hold your motor while you take out your 3 of 4 motor mounts, for some reason hyundai thought it would be a good idea to put 3 mounts on the tranny. It's pretty basic and upfront, just remove and replace. If you have any specific questions pm me and I'll do my best to answer.:D

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i was going to do a diy, but **** that......
but yeah. that was a pain in the ass... i dont even have the trans completly out.

but i will do it!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
To get it I actually had to remove the mount from the frame for the side mount on the trans. try moving it back up onto the motor and lowering it enough to slide the trans out the bottom, just becareful not to snap your exhaust(hence; remove the exhaust.) To be completely honest, I don't believe that hyundai meant for the trans to be pulled seperately from the motor itself. I think that they looked at is as a unit to be removed together, not individually

1 - 5 of 5 Posts