Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to figure out how to get the door panels apart. Not just off the doors, I need to seperate the cloth section from the main section so I can re-cover it.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
1.Using a piece of cloth remove the door window regulator handle (Manual type only).

2.Loosen the inside handle mounting screw and then push the inside handle toward the door hinge. Seperate the inside handle from the door trim.

3.Remove the quadrant inner cover and the rear view mirror.

4.Remove the trim panel mounting screws.

5.Insert a trim panel remover between the trim fasteners and the door trim panel to pry off. Disconnect the electrical connectors.

6.Remove the door trim seal and lower the window glass.

7.Remove the front door speaker.

the fabric will probably be a bit tricky. i left in a few other pics. why no change your speakers at the same time.

oh, i use a screw driver instead of a trim panel remover.8D

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One problem, power windows and door locks and im not changin the speakers i like my system. Ok 3 problems lol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The biggest problem would be maneuvering the door handle mechanism (Power) through the cut out in the door panel. You do not want to remove the door opening mechanism unless you’re confident in removing the clips and the linkage rods. The power window switch you do not remove from the panel, once the panel is unhooked from the door just unplug it. Driver's door has 2 plugs 1 for the windows and 1 for the side mirrors. The clips that hold the window switch into the panel are pretty weak and when removed the hole's edge is pretty dangerous, the edging dug a hole into my finger by ripping out some flesh when I used the opening to move the panel around. Actually the edging of the panel is quite sharp at the edges so take it slow because it scratches up the paint. So once its completely unhooked from the screws and wires you want to turn the panel counter clockwise (looking at it as if it were still on the door) to give the mechanism room to fit through the cut out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts