Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the situation... im thinkin about doin the beta swap... starting this weekend... and im going to pick up my engine friday most likly... its a 2001 elantra beta 2 with 25k miles on it... im going to use my stock alpha 1.6l trans and my ecu... and my car has 130k miles lol... but im plannin on getin it finished by next weekend... because my gf and i are drivin to cali for memorial day weekend... and its about a 600 mile drive... so heres where you guys come in... should i do it or will i end up havin problems, and get stuck in cali... explan your experence's with the beta swap plz.. and give me your honest opinon...

Thanks guys:)
Kris

·
Registered
686 Posts
i'd wait until you get back, because you never know what problems you may run into, and it may postpone your trip.

you know memorial day only comes one time a year ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well your guys are the sixth person's to tell me to wait... haha so im gunna wait till after the trip... just in case... id love to drive a beta accent on sea lvl(FAST!!!), but i dont need to get stuck there in the process...

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Well your guys are the sixth person's to tell me to wait... haha so im gunna wait till after the trip... just in case... id love to drive a beta accent on sea lvl(FAST!!!), but i dont need to get stuck there in the process...

Thanks guys
id say do it and just take your gf's car for the trip or rent a car. but i wouldn't take a fresh swapped car for a trip like that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
renting a car for 5 days can be pricey:) however that is a great idea... oh and gf car sucks on gas:( so im gunna wait till after, however im still buying the parts from you, Your site ROCKS A++ so helpful for swap... (im not a good fabricater, for the mount)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts