Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i have a 2001 tib with cia, header, exedy clutch, and exhaust. im not real big on forced induction on a stock n/a motor. too much $$$ so are their any other upgrades that i can do that dont cost an arm and leg and also dont involve me reworking my ecu? i was thinking about a cam but ive heard alot of people complaning about ecu problems with new cams. and the only intake manifold i can find is like 650$ and ive heard that doesent really do anything. im feeling kinda stuck. anyone have any ideas? thanks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
go for a piggyback ecu like smt-6, EMANAGE ULTIMATE. that will open the door to alot of performance.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
right now there is some problems with the ultimate that kinda prevent us from using it im sure t4turbotib might stop by to explain but basically if you try to use the injector controller it turns the injectors into 100% duty cycle (which is bad)

the emanage blue even has some issues with the ignition setup which require you to open up your ECU and solder a wire to it

now ive said this before and ill say it again best and usually the cheapest way to get your car to go faster is a GOOD set of tires ive seen half a second drop in times for like 300-400 bux i recommend the bf goodridge KDW2s excellent street/strip tires with good wear to them

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a agree with u completly. tires do make all the diff. in every car. Unfortunately for me all i could afford last time i bought tires were the kumho 712's :dead: stupid college. H rated makes me want to kill myself. but its what i expected. wierd u talk about the bfgoodies i was looking at them earlier this week. i was looking at the kdw2 and the regular g-force sports. for me the kdw2 are 98 a tire and sports are 71. the sports still look like a damn good tire. i know the more $$ u pay the beter tire u get (for the most part) but i cant justify paying that much of a diff. i just want something thats not gona spin like a madman for atleast 2 seconds when i pull her in 2nd. maybe stand up to a little auto-x too. has anyone heard nething about the g-force sports. all the reviews look good on tirerack but then again, their are some not so smart people leaving reviews on that site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts