Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya, I have a tiburon fx 2000cc and since the past few days i see that the idle is going up and down for no reason. I dont have a clue what it can be. can anyone help?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry man am not too good at this and new here, whats the tps, is it the air sensor? and what do you mean by throw a cel?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone care to give me some info here?i dont want to know how to fix it, i just want to know what the problem might be so that the mechanic doesnt charge me for somthing else

·
Registered
137 Posts
we could really FIND the solution to this problem, as i see A LOT OF us with 2.0 engines have the same problem with idle, going up and down, stalling ETC....
TPS is NOT THE iSSUE, i have my engine megasquirted and Megatune would show if the problem was in TPS sensor.
SO, let's make this thread dedicated to "STABILISING THE IDLE!"

any suggestions?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Does it effect it if you have the A/C or defrost on?

Well, if it's an idle speed problem it's most likely either the IAC, a vacuum leak, a mechanical problem with the TB, or a problem with the ECU running the IAC incorrectly for one reason or another (TPS issues can cause this).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AC or defrost doesnt really affect it, but when the engine is cold, like in the morning when i start the engine then everything is fine. but after a few miles when am in traffic or stopped somewhere, the acceleration goes up and down and keeps on like that.however its not affecting peformance in anyway.could someone give me some steps how can i eliminate each of the things mentioned by 187sks so that i know really what it is? I have changed a few cars but I love this one and am not changing it!!

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
About what RPM's does it fluctuate between? Where is your idle normally? Does it surge up and down or stick high or what?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
normal is usually 1000, but now its goes down to around 800 then up to 1200, so u feel the engine doin vroom vroom vroom, i knou its funny but am worried i might need to spend a lot to get that fixed

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think it sounds like the IAC 2 me do some resistance checks on the IAC and TPS and see if its in spec. If ur not really sure dont just throw parts on there have ur local dealership have a look at it they can test it for you dont worry now days techs are more honest then back in the days!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys, will check that. one thing i noticed today, turning on the AC DOES stop the fluctuation. do u think i should try increasing the idle a bit? if so, can anyone explain? i have tried looking for the screw but cant find it.anyone has a pic of it, that wud b really helpful

·
Registered
137 Posts
ok,i noticed another thing- i raised my idle (i have an idle set screw ont the TB) to 1500 and now it sits perfectly still...
this means, there must be an inapropriate idle leak THROUGH the TB, when the screw is set to 1000rpm.
I will dismantle the TB tomorrow and try to clean it or sand it somehow.
p.s.: i dont have an IAC valve, nor A/C or ANYthing else.
any suggestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok guys, i know what the prob was. I removed the TB completely and there was so much carbon in it...the flap was sticking on the carbon residue, cleaned it with petrol and now the idel is back to normal. thanks a lot guys for the help

·
Registered
137 Posts
hmmm interesting! i hadnt time to remove and inspect my TB, but i found a clip on youtube, a guy has the same idle problems as i do. and also he is megasquirted, as i am.
link: YouTube - Project Mitsuhon
p.s.:his AF ratio is going up and down...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts