Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say ive been driving around, and i stop at a light. Sittin there and its all happy at 850 rpm, then it almost dies, stutters at about 500-600 rpm, and then jumps to about 1200 and back down to 850 and sits there. Its happened 5 times. WTF mates?

oh... btw.. i just did the evap delete just like this here....

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=25610&p=1

Do ya think this cause it?

Thanks guys for help.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Do you have a cel light? I remember once I disconnected the plugin on the purge valve and got a cel for no vacuum going through it and the car ran badly....

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Did you unplug the purge valve? If so plug it back in....

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I think I had about the same problem as you, but it was my coil pack that was messed up. I'm not sure if that will help, but it helped me to change the coil packs.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Ravinaziankid
[body]
I think I had about the same problem as you, but it was my coil pack that was messed up. I'm not sure if that will help, but it helped me to change the coil packs.
[/body]
Did you have some stuttering issues too? And like a bog down everynow and then? Cause ive had that forever... but not recently... hrmmmm...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had the stutter and bog down ever since i put in a shitty chinese muffler (now out) :D Maybe its a problem with one of the sensors?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think my cat is clogged... I put on my nice headers without cleaning them out, plus the intake and everything made the exhaust much hotter. I think i melted the cat. The exhaust got so hot you could boil water at the exhaust tip... at the back of the car... yeah...

Will this give the same symptoms? I should just put a test pipe in huh?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Originally posted by wilburisthecoolest
[body]
I think my cat is clogged... I put on my nice headers without cleaning them out, plus the intake and everything made the exhaust much hotter. I think i melted the cat. The exhaust got so hot you could boil water at the exhaust tip... at the back of the car... yeah...

Will this give the same symptoms? I should just put a test pipe in huh?
[/body]
highly doubt your CC is clogged. waste of time if you mess with it. look at your TPS, and if you have an ICS "idel control sensor" i dont know your car. it sounds something controlled either by electronics or vacuum.

may be something as simple as fule treatment or engine treatment. look into seafoam.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Seafoam is great you can find it at any auto store like auto zone. You add it through a vacuum line, mix it with your oil and even your gas. Cleans out the motor really good. I wouldnt just overlook the cat being plugged, its happened to me before on other cars. Usually if its plugged though after running the car the cat will be red hot.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok... update... it really dosent do the idle drop down anymore.. it just seems to stutter like its on 3 cylinders for about two or three seconds, then idles normally. Its a stick... but the throttle has always been uber touchy and will jerk the car a hole stinking lot if you back off in a lower gear. Say if your inching along in traffic in first... my neck gets sore. And im not talking about me clutchwork, the gas pedel is just uber touchy lately...

So... I've got TPS to check out, and the Idle speed sensor... plus seafoam....

*sigh*

Thanks guys... ill try and find out what the hell is up...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts