Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If I install turbo will I lose my radiator fans?

I have a 1.5L DOHC automatic 2000 Accent, and I noticed that there are two radiator fans in front of the exhaust manifold. I wanted to know when I replace the stock manifold with the scoupe and T3 turbo will I lose the radiator fans? Will I lose A/C?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
you should only have 1 radiator fan and the other, bigger one is for your AC. you might have to pull AC and then you'd get all that extra room in there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So would it be possible to get those skinny after market fans. Would you know where?

If I have to pull the A/C to go turbo, then I might just stick with strictly N/A tuning (headers, catback exhaust,). The reason is A/C is a priority down here in Florida.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
youll be fine...i had to do the same thing with my car and I still got ac...its just not AS cod but still cools you off.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
qb2k5 said:
So would it be possible to get those skinny after market fans. Would you know where?

If I have to pull the A/C to go turbo, then I might just stick with strictly N/A tuning (headers, catback exhaust,). The reason is A/C is a priority down here in Florida.
i don't know where to get them but if you find out let me know, i think i might need to get a smaller fan if i drop the beta in to mine because i too need A/C in arizona

·
Registered
232 Posts
ya im doing a beta swap to and im using a really huge turbo I already took out my hood latch and moved the radiator forward at an angle / so that the turbo could fit but also so that I could fit the ac radiator and intercooler and it looks like the stock fans will fit, ill just use hood pins to lock the hood down. I know a little extreme but just throwing that out there for those of you who fabricate...

·
Registered
502 Posts
yeah well if anybody finds where to get an some extra thin radiator fans I'm interested too.:D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Another alternative, is to rewire the rad fan electrical to the AC fan, and remove the rad fan.

This way, you make some space, and the AC fan can do dual duty. Use high amperage diodes to keep power flowing in the right direction so the rad fan electrical and ac electrical don't feed back into each other.

Cold air, with rad cooling at the same time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts