Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know which color is the illumination wire for a Elantra 00 4dr Sedan?

I didn't hook up a wiring harness, i just cut it, and played guesss who to hook my deck.
Bummers.

Thanks

·
Registered
453 Posts
You don't even really need the illum wire from the new hu hooked up.If you hook it to the dimmer wire, all it will do is cut down the brightness of the display when you turn on the headlights.

·
Registered
453 Posts
UUUUUUUUUUggggggghhhhhhh, yeah so like SoloBaric said.Why do you need to know about the illum wire if you are talking about a xover?? :puzzled::??:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installing a TRU F1B crossover

www.trutechnology.com

it has a remote, power, ground and dim (illumination) wire input

in order to see the leds in the crossover, need to connect the dim or the illumination wire input, so you dont have to use a flashlight in order to change your crossover settings at night....
happy now!

my question is, what color is the illumination wire or the dim wire coming out of the stock wiring harness? oh ya, i didn't install a wiring harness to my HU. I cut the previous one and played guess and game to install my HU. So now i'm stuck, which wire is what for the dim or the illumination wire.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I belive illumination is a solid orange wire.. atleast on my '01 sonata it was.

I can't see much changing in the way of stuff like that from year to year..

·
Registered
453 Posts
Originally posted by deff808
[body]
Installing a TRU F1B crossover

www.trutechnology.com

it has a remote, power, ground and dim (illumination) wire input

in order to see the leds in the crossover, need to connect the dim or the illumination wire input, so you dont have to use a flashlight in order to change your crossover settings at night....
happy now!

my question is, what color is the illumination wire or the dim wire coming out of the stock wiring harness? oh ya, i didn't install a wiring harness to my HU. I cut the previous one and played guess and game to install my HU. So now i'm stuck, which wire is what for the dim or the illumination wire.
[/body]

Okay,well now you are making sense.

This is what you do.................take the illum wire for the xover.Splice that into the remote wire of the xover.Now when the stereo turns on,the xover will turn on and at the same time supply power for the illumination.Make sure you don't splicethe illum wire into the continous 12 wire.If you do that then the xover lights will always be on.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about the wiring harness coming out of the elantra for the stock cd player? I didn't install a new wiring harness for my new HU. I just cut it, and played guess who, for hooking it up. So i'm stuck!

Or anywhere new the cd player i can find one easily? Not taking everything apart, and having a hard time.

Someone mention to me, i can use my relay, i have relay to turn on my 2nd amp and my fan. Can i do that?

I'm gonna try do that splice thing? Hopefully i know what i'm doing....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts