Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a newbie with hyundai so bare with me, can someone please tell me why my rear side marker lights aren't working? i bought a 2001 accent GL just a few weeks ago, i already got it tinted, put in a short ram intake with a K&N filter, and made the headlights clear, but now i can't get these rear side marker lights working, i replaced both bulbs, and checked the fuses below the steering wheel. please tell me that they aren't just for looks, because there was wiring that led to both lights, when i hit the hazard switch or right/left signal.... they don't do anything, i want them to work, someone please help me, i would really appreciate it, thank you

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
10 people veiwed my question but no one answered, someone has to know what is wrong, please help me solve this problem :depressed:

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
do you have your headlights on? they dont work with hazards or flashers. they should only illuminate when you have your headlight switch in the on position.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll check that out tonight, thanks for the info

·
Registered
345 Posts
I had the same thing happen, they just stop comming on. Secret to it is to hit it with your hand. After that it will usually stay on for a couple of weeks. When it turns off again, Wham, and its fized. Not really a fix but it works for me and takes up a whole lot less time.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rofl, it's fixed i thought they were used for signaling, oh well, it looks good but in the future i might get them shaved for a more clean look, thank you for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts