Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo guys im new to the board and im getting a 2000 accent soon and i have a few questions.
what are some known problem areas of the 2000 model?
how many honest mpg does it get? (5 speed)
what kind of motor does it have? (ie displacment, dohc or sohc, 4cyl?)

sorry about the newb questions but i dont know anything about these cars except im getting one for next to nothing from my friend.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
In 2000, you can get a 1.5L or 1.6L if I remember correctly.

Depending on the mileage, you can get 30-38 mpg...

In terms of known problems, I've heard that the catylitic converters were weak in the beginning of the year (had to have mine replaced).

Other than that, they're pretty reliable. I would check to find out when the timing belt was last replaced (they have to be done every 60,000 miles). I purchased mine brand new and have been satisfied with the car.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
2000 only had the 1.5 L engine. I have not seen any major problems but if the MAF has not been replaced it will likely fail soon. Check the flex pipe and see if it is cracked but other than that i don't think there are any real issues with the model. That is why I came back to owning an Accent.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
No, there's a sensor in the intake piping called the "mass air flow meter" that is used to tell the computer how much air is coming in through the intake. It's between the filter and the throttle body, and if you get a cold air intake you have to retain the MAF.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my friend has his plane ticket for the 30th after that the accent is mine!! im pretty excited. i got a decent look at the car today its a nice car! hyundai really stepped up theyre game. once i get that bad boy im putting the mr2 in winter storage. mr2 turbos suck in winter anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts