Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd try this Kill list thing.
This is NOT another street racing story. Booked half the local racetrack. Nice cars and a bike vs. the Accent. Hahahahaha
Did better than I thought I would! Here's the cars:

2001 Accent GS mods:
Tokico Illumina 5-way adjustable dampers

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
Manual Boost controller
Tokico Illumina 5-way adjustable dampers
Suspension Techniques springs
Intake
TRD Japan dual exit exhaust

1999 Subaru Impreza RS
KYB AGX adjustable struts
Ligier drop springs (very popular in Japan, cannot buy them here)
Front and Rear Strut tower bars

1997 Honda Prelude
Jackson Supercharger
DC Sports Header
Crazy huge exhaust - I dunno the brand

2002 Honda CBR600
Stock - and revs to 13,500rpm! Who needs mods?

And the summarized results:

Imprza MR2 CBR Preld Accnt1 Accnt2
Fastest Lap: 44.03 42.63 43.3 45.99 45.32 42.64
Slowest Lap: 47.13 47.79 48.95 49.66 53 47.56
Average Lap: 45.63 44.43 45.37 47.29 48.84 44.28

Accnt1 - I let my cousin Paul (Red_AGT) have a few laps in the accent. Not bad for being in an unfamiliar car and minimal laps to get used to it.
Accnt2 - That's me

Second place for the Accent! Lost by just .01 seconds. But I had the lowest average lap time which, on a real race day, would be what matters. So I am happy!

My theory is if there are corners, then anyone has a chance (within reason)- it's up to the driver. If it's straights, then it's up to the car.

A couple pics of the fun night:

The AW11 didn't run due to strut problems

Almost scraping a knee!

Yikes! Is that a blown high compression engine?

..when you're on the track you don't feel the need to race on the streets !

[Edited by AccentAE86 on Sep 24, 2004 10:40 AM]

·
Premium Member
5,554 Posts
Yeah, that was an awesome day. Thanks again for inviting me and letting me take some of you track time on your day. :)

I didn't know I was faster than the prelude. hehe :) My average sucked, but I got faster every lap.

A huge 3 second difference between me and my cousin. That's a 3 second difference between a good driver and a bad driver. It pays to get driver training. :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
the bike is an f4i, nothin too special. get the rr and that revs to 15k. still pretty sweet though none theless

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3 second 0-60 and 11 second quarters aren't impressive? Crazy.
My friend just bought a CBR 1100 Blackbird. Damn, that thing is crazy FAST!

Paul - a few more laps and you would have shaved more time. I really thought we'd have more time between runs = more cooling time = more rotations where the accent saw double duty. But we were already working that little LC beyond what we should have. It was quite obvious that it was the only non-performance minded car there. Maybe next time you come to a track outing we can run the AE86 and leave everyone 5 seconds behind. hahah that's if I ever finish the car.

Anyone else go head to head with other cars on the racetrack?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Go Accent Go!:smoking:

this is really proving that this little car has huge potential. it has good gearing and light weight which does good things in track.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
That just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...seeing how the Prelude placed dead last, and the Hyundai at second with the fastest lap. X)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Originally posted by AccentAE86
[body]
3 second 0-60 and 11 second quarters aren't impressive? Crazy.
My friend just bought a CBR 1100 Blackbird. Damn, that thing is crazy FAST!

Paul - a few more laps and you would have shaved more time. I really thought we'd have more time between runs = more cooling time = more rotations where the accent saw double duty. But we were already working that little LC beyond what we should have. It was quite obvious that it was the only non-performance minded car there. Maybe next time you come to a track outing we can run the AE86 and leave everyone 5 seconds behind. hahah that's if I ever finish the car.

Anyone else go head to head with other cars on the racetrack?
[/body]
600rr does high 10's in the quarter. has 115hp stock

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Arctic Chill
[body]
That just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...seeing how the Prelude placed dead last, and the Hyundai at second with the fastest lap. X)
[/body]
Haha, I didn't expect him to be last that's for sure. I rode with him for a few laps and it was the torque and hard compound tires that was killing him. He had too much power and it was making it a difficult to take corners with too much torque on the front wheels. I'm sure he'll be back with a vengeance next time though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts