Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i am new to this forum. i switched forums because i couldn't get a response to this ?? i have the 4-2-1 headers from shark racing and i have not installed them because i keep hearing conflicting ways on how to set it all up. i am being told by some to use a 2 1/4" pipe, a high flow cat and a barrel style muffler...so that i can have max flow.. By others i am being told that that is to much flow for my 1.6 and i will lose a lot of torque. they say i should go with a normal flowing cat a resonator and a flowmaster muffler.

can anyone help i want to get this done sooner than later. what would be the best setup can you plase give me details on what to use in my setup.

it's a 2002 accent, 1.6 DOHC, automatic.

currently have: whiteline front sway, front strut bar, K&N ram air, and 205/40 tires on 16" racing wheels.

·
Registered
959 Posts
even if you upgraded the cat and mufflers, you still have to upgrade the tubing. a catback exhaust system is what you need. as far as torque, you aren't going to lose much. your hp will go up. it would be more effective if your car had a turbo. you won't lose torque though. you would probably gain more since you aren't increasing your tube diameter that much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts