Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Yeah is there any place in San Diego that can do a port polish and valve job to a 2004 Accent? I've tried looking and I have no idea where to start. also e-mail me if you can:
[email protected]

·
Registered
2000 model Hyundai Lantra GLS 2.0 (G4GF) factory 5 speed manual. Fully optioned. Most things work...
62 Posts
Guys shouldn't be scared of DIY porting heads. I've done a few and it comes down to patience, common sense and research. Unless you are aiming for big power, most of the time just dressing the walls of intake and exhaust ports to remove irregularities in the castings then a few finishing passes with flap sanding drums will improve engine performance (performance doesn't mean 'power' but how efficiently it handles fuel burn and throttle response etc) Port matching on the intake side will aid throttle response if you're using a stock intake manifold but don't mess with exhaust port diameters unless you know exactly what you're doing - it can badly screw up your engine by having exhaust pulses over scavenge air/fuel charges from combustion chambers. Do your port work on a head you know is solid then let a shop handle valves and milling. You only need basic tools to do it like a power drill, a hobby rotary tool like a dremel and a few accessories like small grinding stones, flap and drum sander attachments and cheap rotary tool attachments.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts