Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the deal, I posted a reply to a topic about the clutches on the tib's. My question was answered, and I thank HyundaiFixer for the answer. But now I want to know from Tiburon owners what they think of their cars. (I prefer GT V6 owners because I am thinking of getting the GT V6 with a 5-Speed) What are some common problems if any (after all it is a Hyundai) and What kind of stock performance can I expect. I won't be tuning because some mods I have heard can void the warrenty. Anyone with the stock Infinity sound system, how does it sound? Im gonna keep it because I am more worried about making my payments on time and paying it off before I tune it. I currently drive a 1999 Hyundai Accent L, and drive it like a sports car, so I guess it's time for a sports car. My dad said that he would help me with a down payment as a graduation gift. Just want some info, because the dealer let me drive a Tib, but not open it up or play with the features. The salesman really only let me open the sunroof for about 5 seconds. I have the brochure, but I want first hand responces. How is it in the twisites (stock)? And could I whoop my best friends Honda in it? (Already do in my accent but not by much). Any replies will be appreciated.

Thank you,

- 99Cent

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
[body]I won't be tuning because some mods I have heard can void the warrenty. Anyone with the stock Infinity sound system, how does it sound? [/body]
Mods only VOID if they can point @ it and make sure it ruined something lol

Also the stock system was ok...Ive heard worse and better factory systems

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own an 04 Tiburon V6 5Spd and I'd have to say I have definately made the right choice. It handles very well and takes corners decently. I live in the country and I can take the winding roads at about 50-60 mph without hearing the tires skid stock tires). I also think the stock sound systen is good and im keeping it stock for a while. You can also race and beat quite a few cars out there. I raced my friend's Sentra SE:R and I beat him. I have have also raced a few eclipses and I've managed to beat them as well. So you should be well satisfied with the Tib.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
well. I have the 6spd. I love me car. just about 52k in almost two years. I'm running the alpine unit and some other goodies.

for what it is, its VERY impressive. Go drive one, get a sales guy that will let you drive it around the town. Or hit up a local guy and see if he/she will take you around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
well the Tib is the wifes car so my daily driver is my Ta, but when I do get a chance to drive the Tib..Id have to say it is a pretty fun car to drive..It winds up nicley..gear box is crisp...the sounds system rocks (better than mine does) and it is just a tight car I love driving it espeacially around corners and twisty roads etc...I was really surprised how well this car is built and handles for a Hyundai....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts